[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

10 years later and zero progress.

fjeridfjerid
Reactions: 100
in Rants and Raves
It has been 10 years since I last played Maplestory. I came back with a friend just for the nostalgia of it and we were deeply disappointed. Game takes forever to launch, forever to load character screen, game itself, basically everything. We are ingame and see there isn't even a 1080x1920 option? It is **** 2018 Nexon. I don't have the greatest setup but a 7th gen i5 with a ssd and 1050ti should be sufficient for a game like maple to run buttersmooth.

I said fck it lets still play it nevertheless, pulled an allnighter, came back the next evening and now I have this bug. Whenever I click PLAY it loads for 3 hours like usual, but instead of going ingame it says "Requires game patch" error. So I go to settings and turn on "automatic update". Restart the launcher but no succes. In fact, the automatic setting has turned itself off. So this time I tried repair installation, again, no succes. It doesn't even respond to it.

I know this game isn't as popular as it used to, but that's no reason to leave a team of chimps to look after it.

Get your **** together, Nexon.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited May 2018
    Tech support is for when you need to solve issues with your game or launcher. This is a rant.
    Further, please be mindful of the Code of Conduct; keep your criticism constructive and don't insult others.
  • fjeridfjerid
    Reactions: 100
    edited May 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Tech support is for when you need to solve issues with your game or launcher. This is a rant.
    Further, please be mindful of the Code of Conduct; keep your criticism constructive and don't insult others.

No I'm pretty sure this is a bug report. Partly a rant. I'll quote myself since you've missed my bug report:
    "now I have this bug. Whenever I click PLAY it loads for 3 hours like usual, but instead of going ingame it says "Requires game patch" error. So I go to settings and turn on "automatic update". Restart the launcher but no succes. In fact, the automatic setting has turned itself off. So this time I tried repair installation, again, no succes. It doesn't even respond to it."

Nevertheless it's fixed now, had to deinstall everything lol. Anyways, sup with the fake 2x exp weekend? Lasted for a few hours yesterday and now its gone?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2018
    I am glad to hear your problem with the Nexon Launcher was solved.

As for the "fake 2x weekend", it was not announced as a "2x weekend". The web notice specifically listed 2x sessions only for Friday, because May 11th is GMS' anniversary.
  • BlueIndigoBlueIndigo
    Reactions: 730
    edited May 2018
    fjerid wrote: »
    It has been 10 years since I last played Maplestory. I came back with a friend just for the nostalgia of it and we were deeply disappointed. Game takes forever to launch, forever to load character screen, game itself, basically everything. We are ingame and see there isn't even a 1080x1920 option? It is **** 2018 Nexon. I don't have the greatest setup but a 7th gen i5 with a ssd and 1050ti should be sufficient for a game like maple to run buttersmooth.

I said fck it lets still play it nevertheless, pulled an allnighter, came back the next evening and now I have this bug. Whenever I click PLAY it loads for 3 hours like usual, but instead of going ingame it says "Requires game patch" error. So I go to settings and turn on "automatic update". Restart the launcher but no succes. In fact, the automatic setting has turned itself off. So this time I tried repair installation, again, no succes. It doesn't even respond to it.

I know this game isn't as popular as it used to, but that's no reason to leave a team of chimps to look after it.

Honestly this game is outdated and they dont care or know how to fix basic issues. Like you said I came back from nostalgia too and its surprising that you still see terrible graphics. People who enjoy the graphics are just used to playing bad graphics games on low end pcs. Maplestory should be played on low end pcs because thats what it is currently designed for especially if you use high end gaming pcs it will look even worse.

Ive reported a gamebreaking bug that got me imprisoned in the afterlands and I could never get out. They havent fixed any of those bugs even though they knew about it. They just dont care. There are simply bad coders and good coders in this world. They need to scrap the old coding team to fix these issues. Its basic stuff other game developers can fix but they cant. Dont code if you cant code properly. Just terminate the programming team and hire some better people . Literally takes your programming team 10 years and they cant even solve a small issue. Its ridiculous and then there are other people who will defend nexon because they dont have any background knowledge of how basic game development works and act like nexon is the victim while we bully them for complaining. Not trying to sound critical but thats the truth and its that the game developers dont know how to develop a game properly and thats why its messed up everywhere. I am the consumer of your product and Im even demanding alot. I would really like to play this game and its only if they can fix those small issues but the moral of the story is not to expect people to even do basic things. You might have low expectations for something and what happens could be worse than you expected. You cant make promises with nexon . Thats what I learned because small things like this they dont care at all.
  • PigabaPigaba
    Reactions: 1,105
    edited May 2018
    BlueIndigo wrote: »
    fjerid wrote: »

Honestly this game is outdated and they dont care or know how to fix basic issues. Like you said I came back from nostalgia too and its surprising that you still see terrible graphics. People who enjoy the graphics are just used to playing bad graphics games on low end pcs. Maplestory should be played on low end pcs because thats what it is currently designed for especially if you use high end gaming pcs it will look even worse.

Ive reported a gamebreaking bug that got me imprisoned in the afterlands and I could never get out. They havent fixed any of those bugs even though they knew about it. They just dont care. There are simply bad coders and good coders in this world. They need to scrap the old coding team to fix these issues. Its basic stuff other game developers can fix but they cant. Dont code if you cant code properly. Just terminate the programming team and hire some better people . Literally takes your programming team 10 years and they cant even solve a small issue. Its ridiculous and then there are other people who will defend nexon because they dont have any background knowledge of how basic game development works and act like nexon is the victim while we bully them for complaining. Not trying to sound critical but thats the truth and its that the game developers dont know how to develop a game properly and thats why its messed up everywhere. I am the consumer of your product and Im even demanding alot. I would really like to play this game and its only if they can fix those small issues but the moral of the story is not to expect people to even do basic things. You might have low expectations for something and what happens could be worse than you expected. You cant make promises with nexon . Thats what I learned because small things like this they dont care at all.

Just shut your mouth, give them your money, praise the game and speak only good things about devs, never criticize, and put your damn head down. You're nothing but a money dispensing pig to them.