[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

donald?????

yougurtyougurt
Reactions: 400
edited September 2016 in General Chat
so this post is kind of irrelevant but doesn't Donald the delivery guy look like Donald trump? has anyone else noticed?

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Up until January 2011, v0.95, we had a different deliveryman, a youngster named Duey. He could deliver items and meso from one character to another, even if the recepient was not online at the time.
    Unfortunately, cheaters hid contraband in Duey's trucks, and Nexon couldn't find it there.
    So, Duey was "retired", and Donald was hired instead.
    However, in order to make sure Donald didn't get used by cheaters as well, he was not allowed to accept any items for delivery from players, only from Nexon.
    As usual, legitimate players lost a useful function because Nexon couldn't prevent cheaters from abusing it.

I have never heard any convincing explanation as to why Nexon chose to make this NPC resemble Donald Trump.
    KerBansot
  • MaryseMaryse
    Reactions: 6,640
    edited September 2016
    Definitely, just like Agent Smith looks like Will Smith.
    And I remember a chef-NPC looking like Gordon Ramsay.
  • GimoGimo
    Reactions: 1,100
    edited September 2016
    I mean, considering how Trump wasn't that famous until just recently, and that Will Smith and Gordon Ramsay were actually popular, Donald probably bought his way in in order to get ready for his election and have more advertising.

That, or they REALLY hate Trump enough to have him be a worthless delivery man.
  • LilyflowerLilyflower
    Reactions: 4,030
    edited September 2016
    yougurt
    yougurt said:

so this post is kind of irrelevant but doesn't Donald the delivery guy look like Donald trump? has anyone else noticed?
    I noticed lol.

• SandwichSandwich
    Reactions: 2,830
    edited September 2016
    It's definitely not a coincidence at the very least.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    He's gonna build a wall and make the mushrooms pay for it.
  • nenenenenenenenenene
    Reactions: 1,095
    edited September 2016
    I always thought that they actually created him based on Trump. He was pretty famous on firing people for years on TV before he turns to politics.
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    Its gotta be Just a simple misunderstanding.