[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

~

BridesmaidBridesmaid
Reactions: 1,225
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2021 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
~

Comments

• SevienSevien
    Reactions: 455
    edited July 2018
    I *do* want them to reorganize maps (removing some specific maps with duplicate mobs, not removing entire areas) and do something to update all the ones that have just been powercreeped to be useless, but I dont want removal to be the option. I think the easiest one would be to just make it so that all the monsters of a level have the same exp/hp ratio, and to incentivise doing questlines in certain areas, you could give out some cosmetic rewards (like the titles you get for beating theme dungeons or something similar).

I personally don't think that making the mobs harder to kill is great, though. This game is already requires enough grinding as it is, in my opinion. Even when you are oneshotting mobs it takes hours to get to 200, making things harder to kill would only make this take longer unless the exp to compensate is worth much more.
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited July 2018
    KMS upped the level and quest EXP of Mu Lung recently. Plus I'd rather that Nexon remove inaccessible content for the sake of space (such as 2011 Silent Crusade, Monster Carnival, and old PQ maps, none of which are accessible). Of course I'd prefer Nexon DO something about botters but that's another discussion.
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited July 2018
    I don't think you understand how an application works, at least this part
    Bridesmaid wrote: »
    There are probably at least 5+ maps per continent that are untouched.
    I am not entirely sure how this affects CPU, but I imagine it would relieve a lot; like if players had to load through less.(?)
    We end up processing monsters we skip just to get to another destination.

Think Big Bang, part 2. Except we aren't losing our favorite maps. (Some could be better.)

is very wrong. To the main idea: I consider it as awful because many quests require these "useless" maps to be done, and people DO finish quests. It's just a very small minority. As well there are plenty other reasons to keep them, such as farming monsters for Monster Collection and having these abandoned places to explore is a nice gimmick/feature in the game.