[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hero 5thjob Burning Soul Blade not kept by Freezer

thrakkesthrakkes
Reactions: 2,135
edited August 2018 in Bug Reporting
So, making this thread to say the Hero 5th job Burning Soul Blade is not kept by Buff Freezer or Battleroid when dieing. Here is a short video below:

Apparently it happened for 2 weeks at least, can't say because I havent played much when it started happening.

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2018
    Burning Soul Blade is a summon, not a buff.

I don't believe Buff freezers don't preserve summons like Burning Soul Blade, Doomsday Device, Haku, etc. Note that it does preserve your Combo Attack buff, your Maple Warrior buff, and your Weapon Booster buff.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 2,135
    edited August 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    Burning Soul Blade is a summon, not a buff.

I don't believe Buff freezers don't preserve summons like Burning Soul Blade, Doomsday Device, Haku, etc. Note that it does preserve your Combo Attack buff, your Maple Warrior buff, and your Weapon Booster buff.

It always kept the buff.

In this video recorded in May 2018 so this year, if you look from 4:20, you can see I still have the buff, even if the icon is gone. It has been always like that.

I also remember if you cast it again to put it at stationary mode, the icon will show up again, of course with the correct remaining time.

Another proof that is actually a bug is when, in KMS, it was mentioned that Burning Soul Blade at Stationary mode can now be kept by freezer after reviving. I am just not sure which patch it was.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited August 2018
    Apparently KMS considered Burning Soul Blade being saved by buff freezer a bug and has fixed it on April 25.
    https://orangemushroom.net/2018/04/25/kms-ver-1-2-295-maplestorys-15th-anniversary/
    Fixed an error where Hero’s Sword of Burning Soul was treated as a buff in certain situations.
    (Before, buff freezer only saved Burning Soul Blade when it is in follow mode, it didn't save it when it is in stationary mode)
    This mean buff freezer is intended to not save Burning Soul Blade because it is no longer a buff and is now a 100% summon in both follow and stationary mode as shown in this video made on June 22