[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

True or No?

Reactions: 735
edited August 2018 in General Chat
I might have misheard something but the new star force you don't drop potential rank if you blow up your gear via star force do you?
I swear I heard that if you had Legendary Potential and you blow up your gear using star force you drop back to Epic Potential when you transfer the clean equipment with the blown up one true or na?

Comments

• DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited August 2018
    If you blow up your gear it blows up. There is no more potential because there is no more gear.
    What I think you mean to ask is- does the potential rank drop when using the transfer hammer? The answer is yes.
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    You never lost potential when putting an equipment trace on a new item. Nothing has changed.
    Reactions: 735
    edited August 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »
    What I think you mean to ask is- does the potential rank drop when using the transfer hammer? The answer is yes.

This is not true, I thought you'd lose your potential if the gear was blown up but when you transfer the destroyed over to new you still keep the potential that was on the old one you just lose a few stars.
    Because I blew up one of my CRA equips transferred the destroyed to the clean and kept everything but a few stars.
    At least I got all of my CRA to 20 stars :D
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited August 2018
    When an item is destroyed through starforcing, an equipment trace is left behind. This trace can be transferred to the same type of item. The newly created item will retain the all the stats of the old item (potentials, flames, etc) but the starforce level will drop to 12 stars.