[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Request-"Untradeable until transaction"

DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
Reactions: 8,980
edited August 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This shouldn't apply to items that you post on Auction House and don't sell.
Example: I used a platinum scissors of karma on Dominator Pendant, to sell in AH. Didn't sell, and when I reclaimed it, it was untradeable again, now I cant try to sell it again.

This restriction shouldn't apply to your own transactions (at least for auction house or even transferring it to storage and reclaiming on another character, to potentially sell in AH)

Comments

• OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    It shouldn't become untradeable unless you claimed it on a different character from the one you put it in the auction house with, and even then, it warns you that it's about to become untradeable.

Like it or not, storing an item counts as a transaction, otherwise you could just scissor things once and pass it around your characters forever, which it seems like they don't want you to do. The same thing applies in the auction house exactly to prevent you from using it to bypass the storage restriction.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited August 2018
    Im trying to sell the item I psok, not store it forever.

The example I used with storage was: 1. I got the pendant on my Kaiser that I never play, I did put it in AH on that Kaiser but I shouldn't have to go on a character just to sell an item when it doesn't sell.
    2. If it wasn't for the maplehood watch event that gives out PSOK. I would've either had to buy NX or use RP just from passing it from Kaiser to my main, just to sell the item.

Besides, exactly how would you pass the item around when it's an untradeable item when it's equipped? PSOK-able items regardless of them being transaction or equip, tend to be untradeable items nonetheless, so you wouldn't be able to "pass them around".
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Yes, I understood what you meant, and yes, it does suck, but as it is, we don't have a true relisting function, what we do have is just a macro for reclaiming an item and then putting it back up at the same price, and it would definitely be great if they would actually implement true relisting rather than doing it the lazy way and putting dealing with stuff like this (relisting scissored items or cash shop equips) off on to the player.

With what we have in place, there's no way to differentiate between reclaiming an item to put it back up for sale and reclaiming an item just to transfer it between your characters for other purposes, so, I believe along these lines, the way reclaiming (and just reclaiming, not relisting) items works as it should. Unfortunately, this means that having all the untradeable and scissored items you want to sell in one place is currently a paid convenience, and by reclaiming your pendant on a different character, you did kind of agree to that.

And scissored items remain tradeable even after equipping them. Tradeblock on equip items only become untradeable upon equipping the first time you wear them. After you scissor them, they'll remain tradeable until they go through a transaction, wearing them again won't make them untradeable, so for example, you could scissor a scarlet ring and wear it on all your characters by passing it through storage, if storing it didn't count as a transaction.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited August 2018
    Another pain to know to know if you sell a PSOKd item and it doesn't sell, you can only put it back up for sale on the character that put it in the Auction House. This is a really pointless limitation.