[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I am NOT publicly shaming!

MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
Reactions: 2,075
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2018 in Rants and Raves
Okay so about, July 25th or Ark Release date.
A hacker which i will NOT Name. Was caught hacking by ya boy, Penguin. I was recording my Ark Power Leveling Series, when all of a sudden channeled into a Drake's map. Was going full ham skill's trying to KS whoever was they're because they must have been weaker than me, I was wrong. I seen an Ark who is now Lv 250! not in REBOOT for everyone wondering, hacking. Now i was surprised at first because i was like OH He's abusing a hacker's hacks, because there was a kanna near portal. All the mob's were dropping to the bottom platform. I was like wow hacker, he never replied. I then clicked on his little character and seen he had a Pet you get from ToT's. You know the cute lamb, well while i was looking i seen his TINY little pet glitching everywhere to loot everything on the map. So i then clicked on the kanna which had kishin up, but had no pet. So i therefor clarified that the Ark was indeed hacking.

After i think about 5 day's i ran across the footage because well it was about time i made that video. I then searched the Ark's IGN and found out he was Lv 233! I was like OH WOW, Nexon didn't catch him. So i forwarded that video clip which was about 35-45 second's long. I made a ticket about it, they told me this exact thing.

I will also not name the GM just because i won't.
"Greetings,

Thank you for contacting Nexon Player Support.

We are terribly sorry and I understand your frustration towards this player. Further investigation will be given to this issue. Once the player is proven guilty, the player will receive a penalty regarding to his/her action. However, we cannot provide any additional information regarding this report due to security purposes. Thank you for understanding.

Should you have any other concern, don’t hesitate to send us a ticket and you can also reach us via live chat.
Sincerely,

GM
Nexon Player Support

Security Tip: Please do not give your password, PIN, or PIC number to anyone for any reason. Nexon Player Support representatives will NEVER ask you for your password, PIN, or PIC.

This request is closed for comments. You can create a follow-up."

So after i think a WHOLE 24 hr's, I went straight into live chat, because obviously nothing was done about it, even though YES i know it take's time. Still Lv 233? Obviously something is up.

In that Live chat which lasted quite awhile, i asked VARIOUS question's even though most of them were turned down because you cannot know the punishment to another player.

I said this
" I know punishment's are not meant to be discussed with anyone but the person that is getting banned or suspended. I just don't want to waste my time to report someone if nothing is going to be done."
I can link you a video to see if it's eligible.

He then said this
That's okay, you don't need to link us with a video at this time. Thank you for letting me know about your concern on reporting players online.

Now after that, about another 2-3 day's pass. Nothing happens and he is now Lv 240+.... NOT REBOOT.

I was like okay this is ridiculous, Nothing has happened let me post the video online, That didn't do much but get hate honestly by the person who was probably hacking. It got a total of 42 dislike's which i later on made private.

After that i just quit reporting this player.
He is Lv 250. Godly AF and Richest Person in the Server.
Why didn't he get the banhammer with VIDEO EVIDENCE provided in the Ticket? No clue.
Maybe because he is rich and spends cash on NX everyday? Maybe.
Am I salty? Of course :)

I made this thread to give my thought on the matter of Nexon "Doing things" about hacker's.
Just to see other people's thought's in all honesty.
To be honest idc anymore. Obtaining Lv 200 is impossible enough UNFUNDED for all those comment's im going to get.
Let alone not spending a DIME on NX & Obtain Lv 250..

HalehLyeden
  1. Have you reported a player & did they get banned?10 votes
    1. Yes, I've reported a player who has gotten banned.
       20% (2 votes)
    2. Yes, I've reported a player who hasn't got banned.
       80% (8 votes)
    3. I had no proof. RIP!
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2018
    You are, however, screaming and ranting. As such, I've moved your thread to the proper subsection.
    MisterPENGUINLyeden
  • choozchooz
    Reactions: 1,815
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Maybe there wouldn't be any "screaming and ranting" if nexon america employees ever did their jobs.
    HalehLyedenMisterPENGUIN
  • MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Neospector wrote: »
    You are, however, screaming and ranting. As such, I've moved your thread to the proper subsection.

I apologize, sometime's my word's are vulgar with no cursing so in that being said i do apologize.
    Haleh
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2018
    I absolutely feel that some people, in any number of situations, need a good old-fashioned tar-and-feathering and to be paraded through the streets hoisted upon their misdeeds.

The issue comes in, however, with things like that originating off misinformation. Look at reddit with the guy that bombed the Boston marathon, they found and promptly went after the entirely wrong guy.
  • HalehHaleh
    Reactions: 520
    edited August 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I absolutely feel that some people, in any number of situations, need a good old-fashioned tar-and-feathering and to be paraded through the streets hoisted upon their misdeeds.

The issue comes in, however, with things like that originating off misinformation. Look at reddit with the guy that bombed the Boston marathon, they found and promptly went after the entirely wrong guy.

Did... Did you just compare a hacker to a bomber?
    RoseDropLyeden
  • MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »

The issue comes in, however, with things like that originating off misinformation. Look at reddit with the guy that ****** the Boston marathon, they found and promptly went after the entirely wrong guy.

Dude don't talk about irrelevant stuff on this thread. I don't want this thread being removed because you said some stuff about a Terrorist.