[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Gollux Accessory Potential

RandomMaplerRandomMapler
Reactions: 300
edited September 2018 in General Chat
So, does anyone know how to add potential to Gollux accessories? I just got the earrings today, and tried to add potential to them, but it said I couldn't. Is it because it came from a vendor, or was it cause I equipped them for the charm exp already? I know Gollux equipment can have potential, since I saw a few videos where it had both potential and bonus potential, along with being flamed, but it was for a pendant, which drops from Gollux. Can someone help?

Comments

• TamireliaTamirelia
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited September 2018
    I don't really see how this fits into the Off-Topic Discussion forum, but oh well.

You add potential to them the same way as anything else, use a potential scroll.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2018
    You'll have to clarify how you tried to add potential to the item.

Gollux equips, like normal equips, can have potential added to them using a potential scroll. Normal potential scrolls (granting rare-ranked potential) drop from mobs rarely, drop from bosses uncommonly, and are given from events sometimes. You can also buy an epic-ranked potential scroll in the Legion shop, or a regular potential scroll from the Gollux coin shop for 15 Gollux pennies (I should point out that there shouldn't be any difference between the scroll in the Gollux shop and scrolls elsewhere, except possibly success rates).
    If you tried using a potential stamp, which has a similar description but does something completely different, it wouldn't work.
  • RandomMaplerRandomMapler
    edited September 2018
    I used a 100% potential scroll I got from doing the ninja castle questline, you know, the one with the toad emperor boss. Anyway, I tried using it on the earrings, and it said it won't apply or something. If it helps any, I am in a non-reboot server.

And sorry, this is my first post, didn't know where to put it, and didn't feel like it was something I should ask the Gms.
  • RandomMaplerRandomMapler
    edited September 2018
    Just fixed the problem myself. Turns out I made the mistake of trying to enhance it with a bonus potential scroll instead of enhancing it with the regular potential scroll first. Now that I say it, it seems pretty obvious.