[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

The Koreans Heard Our Voice! World Leap is Coming!

Football5Football5
Reactions: 920
edited September 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So we all know the thread "We all want merge" where you can clearly see TON of players that been screaming and crying for a merge/ally world, also the thread which got liked by a tremendous amount of people, except of course, a very few people who disagreed.

That thread been there for a few months now (including many other threads that people has made as well) and we all figured out that no one really hear us (and even if they do, if they do nothing about it, then it really doesn't matter if they hear us or not because it won't and doesn't change anything, lol)

But guess what? it seems like someone did hear us... and that's the koreans from North Korea... they've now brought up a new update on KMS which include a Burning World Leap!

Finally! after years of waiting, when we thought that nobody actually hear us and care about us, the Koreans did hear us and care about us! finally I can move my main which is stuck in a dead server called Scania, I'm literally the only person in Henesys, well, me and 3-4 more botters that spamming 24/7, and before you're saying things like "what?" "but scania is active", please go check it out right now and see for yourself).

So yeah, after so many years of waiting.... we can finally have World Leap again! (finally my deam has came true!)
Also according to other updates in that update (and others in general) it really seems as if they truly care about their players, also there are just soooo many cool things that they have and we don't, including really amazing faces and hairstyles that I've never seen in GMS.... I kinda jealous, seriously.

Thank you Koreans, thank you so much! <3
  1. What do you think about it?7 votes
    1. Finally! thank you Koreans
       57% (4 votes)
    2. I wanna stay in my dead server forever, I like to be 100% alone, I'm a lonely wolf, yes.
       43% (3 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    Just because KMS has a world leap event, doesn't mean we will, too.

Also, it's South Korea, not North Korea.
    YinYangXLyedenSlicedTime
  • DFDFDDFDFD
    Reactions: 2,160
    edited September 2018
    AKradian wrote: »

I mean.... It's pretty damn probable....

• OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »

We've had like two or three world leaps since 2013, when the first Korean World Leap event was held, and I don't think any of them coincided with a KMS event (like, in the same patch), while KMS has had 5 general world leaps, and 5 events limited to specific worlds, including this one, which is just to move characters from Burning World to the worlds that were most populated during the Black Mage update, because character creation was barred in those worlds for the update and you had to create characters in Burning World instead.

KMS getting world leap events definitely does not mean we will get one.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2018
    DFDFD wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »

Not really. Things to do with server configurations aren't in-game content that just gets translated and pushed to us. They are things that each service decides for itself, based on their specific world populations.
    I mean, before this world leap event, KMS blocked character creation in their most heavily populated worlds. Do you think it would make any sense for us to have that happen, too?
  • ACMBlackCipherACMBlackCipher
    Reactions: 1,690
    edited September 2018
    I don't see how a world leap is going to be any better than the situation now (not saying I'm against it just saying a merge would probably result in higher player counts) since they'll just lock transfers into certain servers that are "too full" anyways.