[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Change how the additional duration for bind works.

ThatBaldyThatBaldy
Reactions: 1,145
edited October 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Instead of needing to deal the damage with the bind itself to gain additional bind duration, I think it would make more sense to increase the duration based on how much damage is dealt during the bind. Currently the additional duration mechanic is useless because binds are not extremely damaging skills. As a result you will never be able to get any additional duration unless you don't need the bind because you are already able to destroy a boss.

If binds were changed so that you gain duration based on how much damage you can deal in the initial 10 seconds, it would be much more useful than it is now. This would also allow all binds to compete with Kanna binds as their bind is currently very overpowered compared to the rest.
DFDFD

Comments

• EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited October 2018
    Isn't Kanna's bind just slightly longer than the rest (for bosses)? I know their bind is to any other target for around 25sec which is insane. Either way I agree that the mechanic could be better but I don't like the idea per say to do more dmg with the bind itself (or just buffing them when it just doesn't do much at the end)

Obviously this needs to be capped because this may result in absurd durations.
  • ThatBaldyThatBaldy
    Reactions: 1,145
    edited October 2018
    I believe most binds are around 10 seconds long and kanna binds should be 20 seconds long.

The max duration can be kept as it is now at 20 seconds or whatever is thought to be balanced.