[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Bowmaster skill Storm of Arrows bugged post v.199

MitziMitzi
Reactions: 100
edited October 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Skill, Functionality

Brief bug summary:
After a couple tests it became clear that Storm of Arrows was not functioning properly. Specifically, the number of hits has been reduced down to 1/5th of normal. The negative effect seems to be more pronounced on stationary targets such as Gollux and PB statues

The number of lines per hit is the same, but the number of hits got cut by 50%. The way the skill works is you can proc the "rain" of arrows every 5 seconds, and once it has been proc'd the arrows will "rain" for 2.5s. The duration of the rain is unchanged, but the number of hits per rain is not correct. This is clearly unintended, and it is unfortunate that the bug offsets the intended class buff.

More details:
Video Demonstration on stationary target

Steps to reproduce:
Full duration of Storm of Arrows on a stationary target(Gollux, Balrog, PB Statue)
Expectation: BA should show roughly the sameTimes Used as Pre-Patch ~150
Reality: BA now shows half the times used Post-Patch ~75

Character name: MitziKitty
Character level: 246
Character job: Bowmaster
World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: October 4, 2018 at 5:30pm Pacific time. Post patch v.199

Comments

• MitziMitzi
    edited October 2018
    It is also worth mentioning that even though there was a "stealth fix" on the targeting priority (to hit enemies such as Gollux or PB statues), the skill still does NOT proc on target dummies. It's very difficult to get a reliable Battle Analysis for our damage, and most Bowmaster mains I know are forced to test at Balrog. With this change, the bug has removed our only viable alternative.
  • LoyalLoyal
    Reactions: 500
    edited October 2018
    And not sure if it was fixed with the recent patch, but I would also like to note that storm of arrows does not work in stage 3 of hard lucid, making it near impossible for a bowmaster to contribute there. I have my own entire thread about this issue which has not been commented on yet. If Nexon evaluates the above issues, please test storm of arrows on phase 3 hard lucid as well.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited October 2018
    Hey Guys,

Just letting you know this issue is getting looked into

Thanks for the report!
  • MitziMitzi
    edited October 2018
    More info:
    It appears there was a bugfix in KMS ver. 1.2.295
    The translated text states "Fixed an error where Bowmaster’s Arrow Rain activated in awkward positions on certain monsters."
    https://orangemushroom.net/2018/04/25/kms-ver-1-2-295-maplestorys-15th-anniversary/

We seem to have received a version of that fix, but with a bugged implementation.
  • SirCrimsonSirCrimson
    Any news on that fix? I'm literally not playing the game anymore until my main is fixed.
  • MitShotMitShot
    Reactions: 200
    edited December 2018
    So is it fixed yet or...?
  • HarmlessHarmless
    Reactions: 660
    edited December 2018
    Am Bowmaster Main, waiting impatiently for a fix...