[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Min Crit and Max Crit Merge

OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
Reactions: 2,750
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2016 in Non-GMS Content Discussion
Source: https://orangemushroom.net/2016/07/14/kms-ver-1-2-259-maplestory-v-5th-job/

If you've been following on KMS news, you would know that the 5th Job Update merged Min Crit and Max Crit into the single Crit Damage. The reason why it happened is because if your Min Crit exceeded your Max Crit, they would be swapped, which KMS called it stupid.

I was really hyped for this change! But here's the thing, by merging the two Crit Damage stats into a single stat, they also merged the two bases into the same stat and the new Crit Damage stat has a min base of 20% and a max base of 50%, and having Crit Damage increases both. So what you ask?

On one hand, this is a huge nerf to classes that were able to have their Min Crit stat get close to or exceed their Max Crit stat, because now they will always have a 30% Crit Damage difference.

But on the other hand, classes that had their total Max Crit increase higher than their total Min Crit increase (I'm looking at you Marksman!) will absolutely love the Min Crit and Max Crit Merge, because this will eliminate the problem of having very unstable Crit Damage.

Also, by merging the two Crit Damages into one, their Hyper Stats got merged as well, saving you Hyper Stat Points, therefore allowing you to distribute the saved points elsewhere.
IvangoldPhantomMasterThiefJettLuvsU

Comments

• XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Crit Damage used to just be a flat 3x damage increase or something like that, didn't it?
  • FennekinFennekin
    Reactions: 2,941
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2016
    Xenomata
    Xenomata said:

Crit Damage used to just be a flat 3x damage increase or something like that, didn't it?
    Not sure 'bout that, but I think there was also a time that only Archers and Sins could crit (without SE) lol. It was like, 2x damage at max skill level with like 50% proc, then at 4th job, archers got SE, which increased it to like. 3.3x damage at max level or something. Then they gave everyone a really small crit chance for some reason. And now everyone has an at least okay-ish crit rate and damage.

Also, hot damn Sharp Eyes and Star Gazer are gonna stack now. Guess those DSE gloves that've been collecting dust in my bank will get some use.

(Also, truncated link's not working for me? showing up with the ellipses lol)

• ToymakerToymaker
    Reactions: 1,530
    edited September 2016
    I just hope the Sylph rings with min/max crit will properly function after the crit merge. Got 3 sylph rings (each being on a diff character) where all were either min or max crit.
    I'd be sad if it became useless or bugged for a long time. And knowing Nexon's streak..
  • MakazeKibaMakazeKiba
    Reactions: 1,800
    edited September 2016
    Toymaker
    Toymaker said:

I just hope the Sylph rings with min/max crit will properly function after the crit merge. Got 3 sylph rings (each being on a diff character) where all were either min or max crit.
    I'd be sad if it became useless or bugged for a long time. And knowing Nexon's streak..
    It's not like you can't get more sources of critical damage. Losing the Slyph Ring frees up another slot for a ring with actual potential.
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Reactions: 1,430
    edited September 2016
    They're changing how the stat works as a whole so to not adjust equipment would be like putting a new product on mass production and distribution without testing or prototypes or even a second thought to "Do really really need to make a grill that cooks meat with your car's exhaust pipe?"
  • KerqxonKerqxon
    Reactions: 1,870
    edited September 2016
    oh nice cool since my zero has a high crit rate anyway.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited September 2016
    I just wonder if all min and max go to critical damage or they get reduced and you basically hit the same(besides marksman becoming a precised class), also rings like the oz one that increase max critical, will it increase your critical damage?
    And what about buccaneers that have critical damage? will it stay te same or be higher to compensate the min and max merge?
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited September 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

also rings like the oz one that increase max critical,
    Since they only just recently rectified the accuracy stat situation with character cards and some equipment i wouldnt hold my breath.
  • OdysseyTwoOdysseyTwo
    Reactions: 2,750
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2016
    Here are the Crit Damage difference changes for each class (Excluding classes that aren't in KMS) with just their skills. Negative numbers mean how much more Min Crit than Max Crit they have and positive numbers are vice versa. I ordered them from the biggest negative number to the biggest positive number.

Dark Knight = -30, -45 while you have 20% HP or higher
    Evan = -30
    Bishop = -25
    Blaze Wizard = -25
    Dual Blade = -25
    Fire Poison = -25
    Ice Lightning = -25, 0 vs enemies with 5 Freeze stacks
    Battle Mage = -20, -35 with Battle Rage active
    Mihile = -15, -30 with Roiling Soul active
    Dawn Warrior = -15
    Demon Avenger = -15
    Demon Slayer = -15
    Kaiser = -15
    Luminous = -15
    Phantom = -15
    Xenon = -15
    Paladin = -11 with a Mace, -6 with a Sword; Combat Orders makes High Paladin give 16% Min Crit
    Buccaneer = -10
    Corsair = -10
    Mechanic = -10
    Cannoneer = -10, -5 with Ice Barrel buff, 0 with Monkey Wave buff, +5 with Ice Barrel buff and Monkey Wave buff
    Kinesis = -8; Comes from Link Skill
    Hero = 0, -15 with Enrage active
    Blaster = 0
    Night Lord = 0
    Night Walker = 0
    Shade = 0
    Zero = 0
    Shadower = 0, +10 with Prime Critical's upcoming effect
    Aran = +5
    Wild Hunter = +15, 0 while you are off your Jaguar
    Angelic Buster = +15
    Bowmaster = +15
    Mercedes = +15
    Thunder Breaker = +15
    Wind Archer = +15
    Marksman = +55, +75 with Bullseye Shot active

By making your Crit Damage always have a 30% difference, this means all Mages are gonna get nerfed, while all Bowmen are gonna get buffed.

Also, I found out that KMS halved (rounding up) almost all of the existing crit damage values. For example, Sharp Eyes' 30% Max Crit gets halved to 15%, while the Decent version which had 15%, gets halved to 7.5%, which then gets rounded up to 8%. For skills that gave both Min Crit and Max Crit at differing values (If the two numbers are the same, then the Crit Damage will just be that number), the two values get added to a single number, and then it gets halved. For example, Angelic Buster's Star Gazer which had 30% Min Crit and 60% Max Crit, first gets added together to 90%, and then gets halved to 45%. This was primarily done for balance.
  • gamechangergamechanger
    Reactions: 3,460
    edited October 2016
    OdysseyTwo

Also, I found out that KMS halved (rounding up) almost all of the existing crit damage values. For example, Sharp Eyes' 30% Max Crit gets halved to 15%, while the Decent version which had 15%, gets halved to 7.5%, which then gets rounded up to 8%. For skills that gave both Min Crit and Max Crit at differing values (If the two numbers are the same, then the Crit Damage will just be that number), the two values get added to a single number, and then it gets halved. For example, Angelic Buster's Star Gazer which had 30% Min Crit and 60% Max Crit, first gets added together to 90%, and then gets halved to 45%. This was primarily done for balance.
    Do note for anyone reading this, that this means no change. Right now, if your max crit is increased by 30% then your average damage will increase by 15% assuming 100% crit change. So when they combine min/max crit into just crit damage,that 15% is the same buff as you currently get
  • RisingRainRisingRain
    Reactions: 450
    edited October 2016
    bumbertyr
    bumbertyr said:

Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

also rings like the oz one that increase max critical,
    Since they only just recently rectified the accuracy stat situation with character cards and some equipment i wouldnt hold my breath.
    They massively nerfed the Oz Max Critical ring.

At level 4 it gives 28% Critical Damage now, so I can probably assume level 1/2/3 is 7/14/21%.
    28% Critical Damage is equivalent to 56% min critical damage or 56% max critical damage.
    Before at level 4 it doubled your max critical damage. Yes, the text said +100% max crit, but it was actually a 2x multiplier.
    For the classes/players that had over 100% max critical, the ring would give them more than 100% max crit for those 15 seconds.
    Level 1/2/3 were 1.25x/1.5x/1.75x, respectively.

For 28% Critical Damage to be better than 2x max critical damage, you must have had less than 56% max crit.
    That's very difficult when critical damage is 1.2x to 1.5x at base, which means you already had 20% min crit / 50% max crit by just existing as a character.
    6% max critical is very easy to get.
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited October 2016
    @RisingRain
    But then it turn to be a 28%flat boost? man they nerfed it hard...
  • ModestyModesty
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited October 2016
    What about the critical damage hyper stats? I know they are combining the minimum and maximum critical damage together into one stat; but currently for us, it is minimum crit +10% and max crit +15% capped. So what will happen when it gets combined?
    +5% min/max? +10%? +15%? or some other value. I'm hoping it will be at least +10% min/max. Even though max crit loses 5%, we save ~150 hyper stat points.