[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game keeps crashing.

GeminiaGeminia
Reactions: 2,370
edited October 2018 in General Chat
Can't even make it past the character select screen and have made 5 attempts so far. Anyone else having a similar issue?

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Edit: I'm not having any trouble right now.

I rarely crash when opening the game these days. A few things help prevent it though.

When you log in, sit on the server select page for a few seconds, don't just go to your server as soon as it pops up.
    I usually wait 20-30 seconds before going to my server. Once you select a server wait until two things happen.
    YZhUzea.png
    This text bubble will no longer pop up after hovering over the sever icon.
    bJt74RX.png
    And the create character button will no longer be greyed out (I'm not sure if this happens with max characters)

If I enter my PIC number before those things happen, I am much more likely to crash.
    Sometimes verifying the game's files also helps.

On Steam, right click the game in your library, select properties.
    CrWOH1W.png
    Then move to the "Local Files" tab and click verify.
    qQe0M7h.png

On the Nexon Launcher, Click the cog above the play button.
    g6W6zam.png
    Then go to the Game Configure tab if not already on it, and click Repair.
    qrzvMAd.png

Doing both of these things, I rarely ever crash now.
    YinYangXluna02
  • GeminiaGeminia
    edited October 2018
    Fuhreak wrote: »

I rarely crash when opening the game these days. A few things help prevent it though.

When you log in, sit on the server select page for a few seconds, don't just go to your server as soon as it pops up.
    I usually wait 20-30 seconds before going to my server. Once you select a server wait until two things happen.
    YZhUzea.png
    bJt74RX.png
    And the create character button will no longer be greyed out (I'm not sure if this happens with max characters)

If I enter my PIC number before those things happen, I am much more likely to crash.

Yeah, I always wait but this time it just wasn't working. I did eventually get to play but the overall time took over half an hour to just log in. Also I have to double-click before the Wizet logo screen finishes because the game will crash otherwise.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    Geminia wrote: »
    Yeah, I always wait but this time it just wasn't working. I did eventually get to play but the overall time took over half an hour to just log in. Also I have to double-click before the Wizet logo screen finishes because the game will crash otherwise.
    Usually a verify fixes that for me. Can't say I've experienced the logo crash in awhile either.
    Last time I had serious issues (Where mentioned fixes wouldn't work) I had to completely reinstall MS to be able to launch reliably.

• GeminiaGeminia
    edited October 2018
    New observation is that if I stay on the channel selection screen for too long, I also disconnect.
    Fuhreak
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited October 2018
    Geminia wrote: »
    New observation is that if I stay on the channel selection screen for too long, I also disconnect.

The game's servers are generally very unstable and extremely laggy. This is just part of the game that's never going to get fixed, so if you REEEAAALLY want to play the game, you just gotta keep try and try again until you finally make it. That's just how it is.
    If you're using NX launcher, switch to steam launcher instead since it's much better. But this isn't to say that steam launcher won't crash either. It just crashes less than the NX launcher.
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »
    If you're using NX launcher, switch to steam launcher instead since it's much better. But this isn't to say that steam launcher won't crash either. It just crashes less than the NX launcher.

I personally don't crash on either, but I've been told this by a few different friends who did have trouble with the nexon launcher version.
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited October 2018

YZhUzea.png
    bJt74RX.png

CrWOH1W.png
    qQe0M7h.png

g6W6zam.png
    qrzvMAd.png

fuh not work for me and so many people not use steam for log to the game , u have rarely lag , then sometimes u have this problem too, game need a urgent fix of a times to cause w are years this problems of lag, spikes, delay , bugs, launcher problems recently whit the nexon launcher.. the old launcher not have many problems for log
  • IcyWraithIcyWraith
    Reactions: 100
    Hell, this is seriously annoying. I've been playing this game for a year now after the 12 year hiatus I took from it and I honestly have never encountered the issue I'm encountering now. I cannot for the life of me keep the game from crashing on start up or in game. However, my friend's have been having these issues ever since they started. My PC is top spec or was a year ago and I will run AAA titles without an issue on ultra! I don't get it?

Errors I'm receiving are,

Abnormal error

Maplestory stopped responding

and just random lag spikes and crashing.

And it's been going on ever since they patched it yesterday! This is stupid! I have 400 hours in this game from May and for some reason I enjoy the game, but this is stupid spending 30 minutes just trying to log in!
  • KorunikKorunik
    Reactions: 510
    edited March 2019
    me too man.. no matter what i do i just crash, crash crash. ive had this account for well over 5 years and im getting real pissed that i cant even log in to a character without it just dropping dead in a grave. people still play this game so why hasnt this been fixed?? like at all?? i shouldnt have to go through all this extra stuff just so i have like 3 minutes of game play ):
  • KYdmKYdm
    Reactions: 200

YZhUzea.png
    bJt74RX.png

CrWOH1W.png
    qQe0M7h.png

g6W6zam.png
    qrzvMAd.png

Thank you so much!
    My game kept crashing to a point where it wouldn't even start. It always crashed at the screen where we entered our PIC.
    After doing what you mentioned there