[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.253 - MapleStory x BUGCAT CAPOO Patch Note Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

hackers issue- and suggested solutions.

AstersAsters
Reactions: 975
edited November 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Since it's been cleared that Hackers are the reason why ms seems to be less stable.

i have seen 2-3 hackers in the same map , making some places like mulung-magatia-temple of time- scrapyard- ( i suspect there are in arcane river since the increased amount of but didn't see any). which is outrageous.... they are invading many many maps..

so , Let me roll a briefed history of hacking issue.

hackers would literally use any class--

in the old ( golden ) days pvp arena they used ultimate explorers to beat us and made it harder and pointless.

then abused luminous- ice lightning mage- blaze wizard -then now kanna-!!

the common thing with hackers is:

1-they have vacuum for mobs and drops-

2-they are invincible cannot get a single hit-

3- they are invincible against anti-hack monsters like in haven . only normal players suffer from these -

4-they wrecked free market and now auction house-

i strongly suggest you work on game guard and make it even more strict against these. -

1- make a detect for abnormal looting

2-for character received damage as well. ( especially if the items -range and link skills are neutral)

even if the character is a thief and has invincibility - or warrior with high defense- they get hit from time 2 time.

3- also a detect for monsters abnormalities,

in the end i know the legit normal player is the winner!. may the next update be the best of the year so far!.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,610
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    This is easier said than done. Programming isn't as easy as "Detect for this thing" when hackers are also programming "Don't detect this thing."
    Even if the theory is easy, it might require massive rewrites of the hack detection's code.
    Given the sheer number of bans, I'd say Nexon is doing just fine.
    I'm sure they're doing the best they can to work things out.

A better report system would help.
    If Nexon wants to add a system which allows you to type in a name to report, then you can just screen cap when entering a map with a hacker.
    This way they can't D/C or CC to avoid a report.
    (I believe this was mentioned somewhere recently, but I can't find it.)

But seriously, does Maplestory even have half the number of active players as banned accounts in the past 2 weeks?
    The GMs within our version must be working very hard to ban all these accounts.
    http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/37972/maple-memo-regarding-kanna-and-kishin
    In the past 2 weeks alone we’ve taken action on over 30,000 accounts
    Asters
  • AstersAsters
    Reactions: 975
    edited November 2018
    who knows ! every single feedback, referred idea, is worth it! and it's doable not immediately but in the coming updates , and there're positive actions like u mentioned
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Asters wrote: »
    who knows ! every single feedback, referred idea, is worth it! and it's doable not immediately but in the coming updates , and there're positive actions like u mentioned

I agree.
    Even if you don't agree with the idea, or the idea isn't something you think will work, constructive criticism is important.
    Sometimes debate (two opposing opinions being talked about rationally) can lead to new solutions or uncover a deeper problem that is the cause of others.
    Asters
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Return /find, teleporting to players, and remove offline modes so we can report hackers to the GM team. The community can tell when players are hacking but the GM team does nothing without evidence. How do we get evidence when players have so many tools to hide?
    Asters
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Return /find, teleporting to players, and remove offline modes so we can report hackers to the GM team. The community can tell when players are hacking but the GM team does nothing without evidence. How do we get evidence when players have so many tools to hide?

I'd suggest record everything. It won't help with the ones that autohide themselves, but if you can get one that doesn't leave the map instantly, then you have proof.
    Setup OBS or NVidia shadow play and hit the instant replay button if you can get a good 30 seconds of them hacking. It's pretty good evidence at that point.
    Send it in with a ticket and let Nexon handle the rest.

All that said, we still need better tools.
    I'd advocate that offline mode not be removed, that's a useful feature and players shouldn't be punished for what hackers are abusing.
    Being able to report players by manually typing in their name would be nice though.
    Otherwise by the time a GM gets the ticket the hacker might have already quit hacking for the day.
    Asters
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    How do you find them without /find, appear offline, and HTR blocking?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    How do you find them without /find, appear offline, and HTR blocking?

You catch their name, type it into a report function and let GMs do their jobs. (This feature doesn't exist, but it should.)
    Rather than turning players into a police force, let's just keep it so that they're the ones who report players and let the actual GMs handle the job.
    Stalking features shouldn't be included in an MMO. That's just asking for trouble.