[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Is there some way to force a logout?

DeadlingDeadling
Reactions: 730
edited November 2018 in General Chat
My game crashed. I've restarted the nexon launcher. It still says I'm in game.

EDIT: I had waited awhile before posting, no sooner than I posted it finally left game and is playable.

Comments

• LoyalHeartTigerLoyalHeartTiger
    Reactions: 1,285
    edited November 2018
    I ran into that issue a couple of times. I highly advise waiting 5-10 minutes. Sometimes, it will do it in 3 minutes if you're lucky. The game needs to catch up that you are not playing or logged out. Then, you should be able to log back in again. I don't know why data would lag from a crash, but that's how I solved my case. Best luck to you.
    YinYangXFuhreak
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    Personally, I use Task Manager and make sure anything / everything Maplestory + Nexon is closed and that usually guarantees no data lag.
    bumbertyrSpuddy
  • DeadlingDeadling
    Reactions: 730
    edited November 2018
    Oh I had waited more than 5 mins for sure. Normally it boots within a min or two for me. Task manager doesn't do anything since this is server side. Some games have a way to force logout from the website is all I was asking.
  • SunsetChaosSunsetChaos
    Reactions: 1,115
    edited November 2018
    This is so fking annoying. Wasted almost 30 minutes trying to open/start game. It's like telling me to just quit again.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    There really needs to be a way to force a disconnect on an account. It's goddamned ridiculous that this game is almost 15 years old and still there's nothing you can immediately do about it if a hacker gets onto your characters and starts stripping them down.
  • SpuddySpuddy
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2018
    YinYangX wrote: »
    Personally, I use Task Manager and make sure anything / everything Maplestory + Nexon is closed and that usually guarantees no data lag.

This. I use competely full screen (windowed) mode so i can ust do a few clicks without lagging on tabbing. Nexon_runtime and end process tree, and the same for MS. Log back in, and back to where we started. :P
  • JethiliusJethilius
    Reactions: 100
    this happened to me almost a week ago. STILL says im in-game. like, wtf?