[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game extremely laggy and crashes every 2 minutes

EternityMaxEternityMax
Reactions: 1,120
edited November 2018 in Tech Support
It's been like this all day today, mostly ever since the unscheduled maintenance to fix channel resets.
I always get the occasional crash here and there, but what's been happening today is on a whole 'nother level:

1. First off, I can't even launch the game 90% of the time. It either crashes a few seconds after opening up (Before it even gets to the Nexon/Wizet logos), crashes upon selecting a channel, or gives me the "Trouble logging in? Try logging in from the website" message after selecting my character.

2. If I do get lucky and manage to get into the game, there isn't much I can do - It's laggy as all hell. Let's say, if I use a buff or consume an item, I need to wait like 20-30 seconds before I can perform any other action.

3. And even the lag doesn't last long - The game crashes about 3~4 minutes in. If I dare train during such lag, I get kicked back to the server selection screen by this "MaplePolice for the HACK reason" thingy (Usually followed by a crash soon after f3).

So much for the Determination/Maple Relay/Tera Burning events...
I'd like to mention that my internet works just fine - everything is working smoothly except Maple. I've also noticed this happening on the website at around pretty much the same time the lags started:
SADCXZ.png
Meaning, the website takes a very long time to load; the loading GIF favicon thingy takes his sweetass time.
Perhaps there's a host problem? But then again, it seems I'm the only one experiencing the problem, soooo... What gives? T^T

Can anyone help? Game has been running just fine for the past year or so, except today...