[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Money Issues

LipyLipy
Reactions: 610
edited November 2018 in Tech Support
This is something I've been wondering ever since I started playing as Ark. If I increase my LUK, will it make the monsters I destroy to drop more money?
If not, then what should I do to gain more money? I just realized this after reaching level 22 as Hayato, but so far, I don't even have a single coin in my inventory and I'm scared that when I'm out of potions, I won't be able to buy one.

For those who are wondering, I managed to Ark to level 50 and have more than 1 mil mesos. How is it that I'm nowhere close to that as Hayato?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited November 2018
    LUK does not affect meso drops.

Mobs in the Momijigaoka area do not really drop mesos. You can sell their etc item drops for some mesos, but it's not really necessary. Once you're out of the area, you'll start gaining more mesos. The Ellinel Fairy Academy questline, for example, gives 500,000 mesos.

Buying potions shouldn't be particularly concerning; at level 22 it shouldn't really be necessary to buy potions at all. You're better off looting any potions that drop from mobs for the time being.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited November 2018
    If you're on a non-reboot server, things you can stock up to sell for some decent-ish money are:
    • Twisted time
    • Rock of time
    • Superior item crystal
    • Luk crystal
    • Black crystal
    • Wisdom crystal
    • Dark crystal
    • Purple magic powder
    • Cubic/chaos cubic blades
    • Cube fragments
    • Juniper berry seed
    • Juniper berry flower
    • Juniper berry seed oil
    • Juniper berry flower oil
    • Hyssop flower
    • Hyssop flower oil
    • Grand spell essence
    • Dusk essence
    • Brilliant dusk essence

These sell fairly well at any time and can be acquired through killing normal monsters, boss monsters or elite monsters. The one thing they all have in common is that they're all crafting materials for master craftsman or higher. People who are big into crafting need to craft a certain amount every day or two or the crafting profession's mastery begins to decay. Because of this, you can almost always sell the items above in a relatively quick manner.

Other things you can collect and sell are:
    • Clean slate scroll 10%
    • Epic potential scroll 50%
    • Innocence scroll 50%
    • Spell traces
    • Golden hammer 50%

Spell traces drop from basically everything; normal mobs, elite monsters, bosses probably. The point is they're common as hell. The rest of the list comes from either elite monster drops or the box you get from killing elite bosses. I listed these separately because their prices fluctuate pretty wildly but generally increase a decent amount when spell trace fever time is coming up/occurring. For these, I recommend you stockpile them until you catch wind of an upcoming fever time, then sell all that you have either the day of or the day before.

For both lists: Make sure you look up the item you're wanting to sell on the auction house so you can see what other people have listed them for. You're free, of course, to list things for whatever price you want, but that doesn't mean people will buy. Either undercut the lowest-priced item or stick it somewhere within the range of the lowest half-dozen or so listings.