[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Dream defender lag

AggraphineAggraphine
Reactions: 19,415
edited December 2018 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Gameplay

Brief bug summary: Continuous progress in dream defender results in unplayable amounts of framerate loss

More details: Attempting to push floors in dream defender, or otherwise clear multiple stages in a single run for whatever reason, results in a steady drop in framerate, becoming noticeable around the fourth cleared stage, unplayable around the fifth. It is absolutely, 100%, not a case of "just get a better computer lol", because in that brief period between the previous stage ending and the next one beginning, my framerate returns to normal. Once the next stage starts, it drops like a stone once again. May be related to the odd issue where the music boxes don't seem to despawn properly.

Steps to reproduce: Easy enough, just do dream defender and attempt to clear multiple stages, you should eventually see a massive drop in framerate.

Character name: N/A cause reasons

Character level: 222

Character job: dual blade

World name: bera

Date and time of the incident: An hour either side of reset last night, more than likely present at any time of day

Comments

• luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited December 2018
    this is correct and cerfificade by many people in the game in this pq framerate .... ,this problem have time .. dc too in df , Lag and bla bla and certificade by me xD ( am drunk a little xd )
    Fennekin
  • HisChaseHisChase
    Reactions: 500
    edited December 2018
    luna02 wrote: »
    this is correct and cerfificade by many people in the game ,this problem have time .. too recalc the dc and freeze in anyones missiones and dailys in the quest of alliance

Nani Sore!?
  • AnythingAnything
    Reactions: 1,385
    edited December 2018
    Does this problem starts at Stage 4 or after clearing 4 stages from wherever you started from?
    I am only clearing stage 90.

Besides of this issue, we also have the portal lag if the game itself isn't lagging. The mobs are not lagging and your skills aren't lagging either.
    I think I know why the portals are harder to enter sometimes and sometimes it's fluently.

Dream Defender is instanced, many players can use the same channel to start a Dream Defender run. Each instance is different, so what I meant to say is, example: you could get an instance with lag free portals on your first run. If you keep clearing stages on that run, you will have the 'best' experience. But on your second run you will be probably be using a different instance, the one with lagging portals. You will have to press twice 'up' to enter a portal, sometimes it works on first press and by double pressing it, you will go back to the room, which is a waste of time if the stage is difficult to clear.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    Anything wrote: »
    Does this problem starts at Stage 4 or after clearing 4 stages from wherever you started from?
    I am only clearing stage 90.

Besides of this issue, we also have the portal lag if the game itself isn't lagging. The mobs are not lagging and your skills aren't lagging either.
    I think I know why the portals are harder to enter sometimes and sometimes it's fluently.

Dream Defender is instanced, many players can use the same channel to start a Dream Defender run. Each instance is different, so what I meant to say is, example: you could get an instance with lag free portals on your first run. If you keep clearing stages on that run, you will have the 'best' experience. But on your second run you will be probably be using a different instance, the one with lagging portals. You will have to press twice 'up' to enter a portal, sometimes it works on first press and by double pressing it, you will go back to the room, which is a waste of time if the stage is difficult to clear.

It's amount of stages cleared, not confined to any specific stage number. I've had the portal thing happen as well, where I seem to need to spam the up arrow to get through and it will sometimes rubber band me back through the portal right after.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    I don't have this issue on reboot, but I don't think reboot is known for lagging as much as Bera.
    Does anyone experience this outside of Bera? (Bera server upgrades when?)
  • AnythingAnything
    edited December 2018
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    It's amount of stages cleared, not confined to any specific stage number. I've had the portal thing happen as well, where I seem to need to spam the up arrow to get through and it will sometimes rubber band me back through the portal right after.
    Ah I see, thank you for clarifying. I was doing Morass daily on my Kanna and I came across a Rune of Destruction, which would increase my range as well. So I thought I will get that rune and give it a try in Dream Defender (Starting from Stage 50). I also used an Onyx Apple and Dream Points and I got to Stage 61, which I didn't get to clear. However I didn't have any problems at Stage 54 and 55. It was just as smooth in any Stages from 50 to 61. I assume the issue is still going on, right?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited December 2018
    Anything wrote: »
    Ah I see, thank you for clarifying. I was doing Morass daily on my Kanna and I came across a Rune of Destruction, which would increase my range as well. So I thought I will get that rune and give it a try in Dream Defender (Starting from Stage 50). I also used an Onyx Apple and Dream Points and I got to Stage 61, which I didn't get to clear. However I didn't have any problems at Stage 54 and 55. It was just as smooth in any Stages from 50 to 61. I assume the issue is still going on, right?

Dunno, haven't done it in a few days. Will check.

Edit: it appears to be fixed, got through ten stages without any massive drops in framerate.
    Fuhreak
  • AnythingAnything
    edited December 2018
    Dunno, haven't done it in a few days. Will check.

Edit: it appears to be fixed, got through ten stages without any massive drops in framerate.
    Ok nice, good to hear.

Fuhreak