[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

2x Events

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited December 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So...thirty minutes of 2x, 4 times a day...2 hours of 2x total per day, and then you multiple that by the 19 days... 38 hours.
Compare this to a 2x weekend for every weekend, 9 hours per day, 3 weekends is 6 days, 54 hours, although I will subtract around 10 hours for those of us who aren't night owls, you still end up with 44 hours.

The main difference between the two is...their layout of when you get 2x. The current layout is generally hurtful to paying players who buy 4 hour 2x coupons (better used in the 3 hour blocks of a usual weekend 2x) and it can hurt free players in that they don't get as much 2x time overall, and at least for a free player like me, less training motivation and lots of leftover 2x coupons to use. You see the 2x pop up, get excited for half an hour, then are sad when its over (How do I node farm now?!)

In my opinion, I do believe the old 2x layout of 3 hour blocks 3 times a day was better, and perhaps the schedule for our 2x could be changed before the weekends, but perhaps for future reference...give us our 2x weekends instead of these 2x teasers. At least to me, half an hour makes me sad when I finally get into a training groove and then the 2x is over.

Id like to know your thoughts guys, and hopefully get this thread to the devs if lots of people agree.
  1. Which 2x do you prefer?8 votes
    1. 30 minutes 2x, 4 times a day
       0% (0 votes)
    2. 3 hours 2x, 3 times a day
       38% (3 votes)
    3. Give us 3 hour 2x every day till New Years!
       25% (2 votes)
    4. Other (Please specify in comments)
       38% (3 votes)

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited December 2018
    2x 24/7 till News Year
  • ShroomsterShroomster
    Reactions: 630
    edited December 2018
    TBH, 3x3 is measurably the best scenario for all players around the world.
    Ideally i'd schedule 0200-0500, 1000-1300, 1800-2100. I think generally everyone will theoretically have access to two of the slots for 6 hours per day with a good break.

Shroomster (scania-Leader of the Mushrooms)
    Shroomster (mushroom community- Voice of the mushrooms)
  • memeymemey
    Reactions: 200
    seems aight to me
  • NamelessNoodleNamelessNoodle
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2018
    I personally believe that 30 minutes really isn't enough time to get good use of a 2x exp/drop event. To put it simply, I think that 30 minute 2x Events are inconvenient, with most event 2x Coupons lasting for an entire hour and cash shop special 2x coupons lasting for 4 hours at a minimum. While I don't want to sound entitled, I think that it would benefit almost everyone if we had longer 2x events, even if there were less of them throughout the day.
  • EXdestEXdest
    Reactions: 1,375
    edited December 2018
    I really dont like x2 events since it just accelerates lagging
  • NamelessNoodleNamelessNoodle
    Reactions: 420
    edited December 2018
    [edit]-accidently commented twice
    FuhreakCresc
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2018
    I personally believe that 30 minutes really isn't enough time to get good use of a 2x exp/drop event. To put it simply, I think that 30 minute 2x Events are inconvenient, with most event 2x Coupons lasting for an entire hour and cash shop special 2x coupons lasting for 4 hours at a minimum. While I don't want to sound entitled, I think that it would benefit almost everyone if we had longer 2x events, even if there were less of them throughout the day.
    Yeah, that's why I made the thread. It just seemed wrong, even if they are doing it every day.
    Shroomster wrote: »
    TBH, 3x3 is measurably the best scenario for all players around the world.
    Ideally i'd schedule 0200-0500, 1000-1300, 1800-2100. I think generally everyone will theoretically have access to two of the slots for 6 hours per day with a good break.

Shroomster (scania-Leader of the Mushrooms)
    Shroomster (mushroom community- Voice of the mushrooms)

This is just so true,
  • AndromedyAndromedy
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited December 2018
    Heya Petal!

Right now the 2x exp for 30 minutes thing I find to be a bit strange. And honestly I didn't even know it was a thing until someone I was playing with pointed it out lol. 30 minutes is just a very weird interval in general in my opinion. For the exact reason you mentioned! Once you're in the groove, oops suddenly it's over. If it was an hour long I think it would be nice, and that way you could use a simple 1 hour coupon as well.(At least I think the stack, oof it's been so long. And at least for me as a Reboot player)

I do feel like setting aside the certain blocks of 2x is a lot more productive way, but as someone also mentioned above, that also spikes lag quite a bit. (I still have nightmares about those early Reboot days @_@) That way people can plan ahead with coupons and the liking.

That being said, I think 2x exp weekends would be a fun thing to try out. At least until the new year. Just 2x exp all day on weekends. Might be OP, but any sort of race for 250/max level is out the window at this point though so does it really matter much ;p? Just something silly to try out perhaps.

But who knows! I'm looking forward to everyone else's thoughts as well! :D

Petalmagic
  • ArgentArgent
    Reactions: 3,090
    edited December 2018
    I'm basically unavailable for all these 2x times. It wasn't great before but I could sometimes manage to get on for an hour.
  • BanditUrpleBanditUrple
    Reactions: 605
    edited December 2018
    Yea 30 min 2x events.. Who pitched that idea? I understand lag from the increased amount of players logging on during 3hour-long 2x periods.. Sure that's a problem, but I don't think discouraging players from logging on by butchering your 2x events is the right way to solve that issue.. Noone is excited for this 2x event, 30 minute time frames is inconsistent with every other way people spend money on exp buffs. Noone is buying a 2x nx coupon, using a 2x buff, EXP potion, and buying frenzy service for a 30 minute session. Kinda makes Nexon seem out of touch with their game.

As an alternative, you could satisfy many more players and reduce lag by not providing time-restricted 2x events.. Instead, when a 2x event starts, everyone just gets a gift for a 'new' kind of 2x buff that stacks with all the existing exp buffs we have. Have it expire in 24-48 hours, and last for X amount of hours. That way everyone can use their 2x event during a time at their convenience, and then it's not as time restricted! So not everyone is logging in @ the same time, ultimately minimizing lag for 2x events. I understand there would still be more popular times to log on to use this buff, but that's a phenomena already existent on maple (i.e. every1 logging on around reset).
    Petalmagic
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    edited December 2018
    Yea 30 min 2x events.. Who pitched that idea? I understand lag from the increased amount of players logging on during 3hour-long 2x periods.. Sure that's a problem, but I don't think discouraging players from logging on by butchering your 2x events is the right way to solve that issue.. Noone is excited for this 2x event, 30 minute time frames is inconsistent with every other way people spend money on exp buffs. Noone is buying a 2x nx coupon, using a 2x buff, EXP potion, and buying frenzy service for a 30 minute session. Kinda makes Nexon seem out of touch with their game.

As an alternative, you could satisfy many more players and reduce lag by not providing time-restricted 2x events.. Instead, when a 2x event starts, everyone just gets a gift for a 'new' kind of 2x buff that stacks with all the existing exp buffs we have. Have it expire in 24-48 hours, and last for X amount of hours. That way everyone can use their 2x event during a time at their convenience, and then it's not as time restricted! So not everyone is logging in @ the same time, ultimately minimizing lag for 2x events. I understand there would still be more popular times to log on to use this buff, but that's a phenomena already existent on maple (i.e. every1 logging on around reset).

your idea has been pitched before, but I think the time they tried to do it, they broke it and people were getting infinite 2x coupons...if I remember correctly. But yeah, nobody I know really DOES the 2x events because its so...short.