[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Node Questions

DeadlingDeadling
Reactions: 730
edited December 2018 in General Chat
Nodes are very new to me. Before you yell at me to search, I did. It's all ppl whining that they didnt their new skill for free.
So as to my questions. Aside from skills that are usable, what buff tiles should I be aiming at? Are the triples I get from nodes often better than say crafting a single buff tile? IE; TileA: buffs 3 skills with varying tiers, TileB: buffs one skill for a slightly higher %.
What decent skills are a must as someone who likes bossing? I mean blink was worthless to me. Sharp Eyes isn't too bad, I'm thinking, and bless. Mainly looking for confirmation or something I'm missing.

Link to a good guide on nodes that doesn't read like ikea instructions?

Comments

• DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2018
    Decent skills depend on your class.

Boost nodes: mainly go for your three main attacks. i.e phantom would be Mille Aiguille, Carte Noir, Impeccable Memory IV or Tempest

only some classes benefit from boosting non 4th job skills, mostly youd want boost nodes with 4th job skills on them, the rest are used for fodder,, i.e say I get mille as first listed and 2 other 2-3rd job skills under, I'd use that mille node to level up the perfect trio which I listed above.

Yeah blink is useless, long cool down and one cant even choose direction of the blink.
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited December 2018
    I'm an I/L mage. Skills I mainly use are all 4th level, lol. Except glacier chain, still use that from time to time. But not worth buffing. Think I'll go for the main skills, like chain lightning and maybe lightning orb.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2018
    for chain lightning perfect trio would be something like chain lightning, frozen orb and lightning orb and blizzard elquines and thunderstorm

not sure for skill nodes on an I/L; maybe sharp eyes and combat orders would be good, speed infusion might aslo be helpful since wands and staff are normal speed/slow speed
  • DeadlingDeadling
    edited December 2018
    I actually hadn't thought of that one for speed infusion. And yea, so far the only ones I've used have those skills pretty much, ha. I thought speed just raised my walking speed, maybe I should read., lol. Faster attack would be good for sure.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited December 2018
    Speed infusion increases your attack speed. It's like your spell booster buff, but a smaller effect that still stacks with the booster itself.

Also keep in mind: decent skills from nodes have cooldowns, and you can't put skills with cooldowns into macros or autobuff.