[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Abrup Skill Glitch

Xelos27Xelos27
Reactions: 100
in Bug Reporting
Skill,
the magician's skill Magic Guard, does not work in the quest line, "[MONAD; the first omen]"

1. follow the quest line of MONAD by teleporting to the abrup base camp,
2. activate magic guard
3. as you defeat the "level 10" monsters you will notice you are taking significantly more damage than you should be since magic guard SHOULD be absorbing it into your mana,
4. watch your mana levels not decrease, only your health.

Xelos27

I tried this twice as a level 33 then as a level 55

magician or cleric

Renegades

some time yesterday 12/14 and today at 1-3 pm EST

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2018
    Xelos27 wrote: »
    Skill,
    the magician's skill Magic Guard, does not work in the quest line, "[MONAD; the first omen]"

1. follow the quest line of MONAD by teleporting to the abrup base camp,
    2. activate magic guard
    3. as you defeat the "level 10" monsters you will notice you are taking significantly more damage than you should be since magic guard SHOULD be absorbing it into your mana,
    4. watch your mana levels not decrease, only your health.

Xelos27

I tried this twice as a level 33 then as a level 55

magician or cleric

Renegades

some time yesterday 12/14 and today at 1-3 pm EST

Think the the Abrup monsters are "special" in there damage relation to the character. Like I'm a thief so I should be able avoid (get "miss") most of their attacks but when I ran into, they had 100% hit rate.
  • Xelos27Xelos27
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2018
    would be nice of the game said hey they got true damage so none of your abilities will work and you've got to heal each hit as your a mage and you have 2k life and each one does 500 damage and knocks you half way across the map -_-
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited December 2018
    The monsters hurting you are designed to deal percentage damage based on your HP. Be careful, some attacks will hit you for 100% HP, instantly KOing you on contact.

To add further insult to injury (or vice versa), HP% based hits will ignore all damage mitigation skills such as Magic Guard, Kanna's Foxfire, and Lumi's Black Blessing.