[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can I solo Arcane River?

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,350
edited January 2019 in General Chat
I am a level 211 I/L mage, with 200 arcance force.

I finished the first part of Arcance River, did all the Chu Chu quests, but I am just not quick enough to solo the Chu Chu arcance dailies, even on easy level.

So, I went back up river and worked my way up to 200 arcane force. I notice that I should be able to start on Lachlein with only 190 arcane force.

Can I solo these, or is it another one for party quests - whcih I never do?

If solo, how do I get there? From which Chu Chu map?

If party, how else can I level to 250, given that I don't party (don't even relly boss)?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2019
    All Arcane River story content and dailies can be completed solo as long as you meet the required level requirements, however it isn't necessarily easy.
    You should refer to a guide if you want to complete it on your own:
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/13731/chu-chu-party-quest-guide
    Mawg
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Mawg wrote: »
    I am a level 211 I/L mage, with 200 arcance force.

I finished the first part of Arcance River, did all the Chu Chu quests, but I am just not quick enough to solo the Chu Chu arcance dailies, even on easy level.

So, I went back up river and worked my way up to 200 arcane force. I notice that I should be able to start on Lachlein with only 190 arcane force.

If party, how else can I level to 250, given that I don't party (don't even relly boss)?

Jump into the water and float down to go to the far ends of the map.
    As a class without a flash jump you'll want to abuse this.
    You can also learn what the ?? items are by the recipe itself. (Guide seems to be outdated on that.)

Lach can only be accessed from level 220+
    The next area is at 225, Then 230, and finally at 235.
    Mawg
  • LittleMissRamenLittleMissRamen
    Reactions: 520
    edited January 2019
    I notice that I should be able to start on Lachlein with only 190 arcane force.

The story line for Lachelein leading up to Lachelein's Arcane Symbol is all kill, loot, talk to NPC quests. The 190 Arcane Force requirement only applies for the first three hunting maps you can enter, which is where your first two main hunt-and-gather style quests are located. The next portion of the quest line involves an area requiring 210 AF, and the final portion of the Lachelein area (excluding Lucid boss herself) needs 240AF. You can access these areas even if you don't meet the AF requirement, but you will do reduced damage. On the flipside, if you exceed the AF requirement you will deal extra damage which sounds like could be helpful to you.

Here's a good table on the exact numbers for reduced/increased damage based on AF.
    This applies to all AF areas, including Hungry Muto PQ. You might find the PQ much easier to complete once you hit 1.5x the AF requirement.

After you complete the Lachelein story (when you gain the Lachelein Arcane Symbol), you can access the Lachelein daily for symbols. This is called Dream Defender and is completely solo content that can be completed 3 times a day. You climb up floors of the Nightmare Clocktower and eliminate monsters and Nightmare Music Boxes. As you climb up to higher levels, the HP of the monsters and music boxes increase significantly. There are lots of Youtube videos demonstrating Dream Defender if you want to get a better picture before you try.

Whatever floor you reach is how many Dream Defender Coins you will get. It may seem like a lot of floors to climb, but you only have to climb from floor 1 in your very first run. Your progress is permanently saved every 10 floors and the next time you try the content, you can start from the last saved floor instead of floor 1. The coins you receive can be traded with the NPC Mr Flopsy at a rate of 30 coins for 1 Lachelein Arcane Symbol.

You can get to Lachelein when you reach level 220 by going to the map to the right of the Hungry Muto PQ and talking to Muto.

You're in luck, because the main (fastest, most efficient) way to get to level 250 is to grind mobs on your own, ideally with only the help of non-partied Kishin/Frenzy Totem and HS buff (though the latter is also available as a decent skill in your V matrix).

Edit: clarified DD coins info.
    Mawg