[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Single Player MMORPG

AerroseAerrose
Reactions: 400
edited January 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Unrewarding
Offer and Match the goods & prices of underground markets:
- (ex: sell 200 nodestones for $2)
- (ex: end game gear stats are $40usd+...just sell 17-star and 25-star scrolls in the cash shop)
- (ex: 1bil mesos = $1.30usd; your meso bags are garbage)

Make this game fair
- (ex: frenzy totem sells for $2000usd+; why even create a scenario where people want that?)
- (ex: kishin-less players are forced to grind more and tire, encouraging behaviors to either exploit or leave this game)

Bring back better party exp

Give me a reason to play with another player.
- (ex: end game PQs)

Level 200+, give rewards for reaching every 20%

Make the Alliance Event permanent

This game was good in the early 2000s where exploring was rewarded and party play was too.
Right now, hackers run your world. You think we want just 1 Clean Slate Scroll 10% that expires in 5 days? No, we can buy 100 of these from the efforts of hackers in the Auction House for 700mil (less than a dollar) or get this free as a benefit for buying Totem Service.

Please change this game.... that money could be yours.

Note: I do not encourage the exploiting of this game.
  1. Do you want to grind less?6 votes
    1. Yes
       33% (2 votes)
    2. No
       67% (4 votes)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Matching the underground market prices will just drive that market even further down.
    It costs them basically nothing, so they don't really care so long as they make some profit.
    If Nexon were to match them, it would just destroy the market even faster.

The only point of this thread I agree with is better party play.
    Other things are "too good to be true" and just devalue the game.
  • MargoVioletMargoViolet
    Reactions: 820
    edited January 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Matching the underground market prices will just drive that market even further down.
    It costs them basically nothing, so they don't really care so long as they make some profit.
    If Nexon were to match them, it would just destroy the market even faster.

The only point of this thread I agree with is better party play.
    Other things are "too good to be true" and just devalue the game.

Yeah, the underground prices of $2,000usd for a frenzy totem and $100 for a clean arcane weapon are stable enough at it is, there's no reason for Nexon to interfere with market pricing.

The market is utterly destroyed right now, intervention matching prices to make prices cheaper would not make the market even worse, that is simply not possible considering how much items cost right now. In this game you are either cheating for your endgame using fraud exploits, utilizing other people selling fraud as a service, you're rich af, or most provably don't know how to manage your money in relation to your gaming addiction.

From Nexons perspective, when people are willing to spend $2k on marvel, i imagine they don't wanna ruin a good thing. Very profitable.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Aerrose wrote: »
    Offer and Match the goods & prices of underground markets:
    - (ex: sell 200 nodestones for $2)
    - (ex: end game gear stats are $40usd+...just sell 17-star and 25-star scrolls in the cash shop)
    So even more p2w? I agree with Fuhreak on this one, botters would just undercut and it would do nothing but introduce even more nodestones into the market and make them worthless. You can already buy 2x drop coupons to increase your nodestone gains. At least put in some effort.
    17 star scrolls would also greatly inhibit one of the only mesosinks we have in the game. Not to mention the very existence of a 25 star scrolls in the cash shop would be absolutely stupid.
    - (ex: 1bil mesos = $1.30usd; your meso bags are garbage)
    Mesomarket.
    Make this game fair
    - (ex: frenzy totem sells for $2000usd+; why even create a scenario where people want that?)
    - (ex: kishin-less players are forced to grind more and tire, encouraging behaviors to either exploit or leave this game)
    Nexon is profiting from the supply and demand of Frenzy Totems, as you put it "that money could be yours". Black market resale is something Nexon will likely never be able to control, but they did get the initial profit from whoever rolled the totem in Marvel/Philo and from the people who failed to get it.
    Everyone already has a fair opportunity to create a kishin mule or buy service from others with meso (in reg servers anyway, I understand there is a gap in Reboot for those without means or access to a second computer). In that regard, spawn increase is mostly fair.
    Level 200+, give rewards for reaching every 20%
    Your reward is being 20% closer to the next level where you get AP and hyper stat points. They even made 200-220 way easier recently.
    Make the Alliance Event permanent
    The whole point of an event is for it to be temporary and create hype around it, this time the Black Mage story. What you're asking for is to permanently implement the alliance skills and effectively buffing almost every aspect of the game, as well as access to a shop where you can buy all sorts of things that you normally grind for. Stinks of private server.

Only things I agree with are the PQ and party play issues.
  • TerrorStreakTerrorStreak
    Reactions: 2,320
    edited January 2019
    Aerrose wrote: »
    Unrewarding

This game was good in the early 2000s where exploring was rewarded and party play was too.
    Right now, hackers run your world. You think we want just 1 Clean Slate Scroll 10% that expires in 5 days? No, we can buy 100 of these from the efforts of hackers in the Auction House for 700mil (less than a dollar) or get this free as a benefit for buying Totem Service.

Please change this game.... that money could be yours.

Note: I do not encourage the exploiting of this game.

you think hackers/botters are bad now?

LOL... if they reduced the servers to just a few worlds. botters would force the rest of us legit player base that isn't botting off the servers, the reason there are soo many lesser populated servers being left alone, instead of merged is to trick some of the botting players to fill up those dead servers and not all go to a single server and soo over flood it, that the game becomes unplayable. There is a reason why on bera after a major patch the population bars drop from near full before the patch for each channel to around 20-25% per channel after the patch. the bot program has not been updated yet and they are not present untill the update is released.

As for nexon essentially participating in the under ground black market and or making an alternative to it, who is to say they are not already doing so and you don't even know about it? Why are they mass auto banning bots and releasing star force discount events around the same time and suddenly the under ground meso rates spike, as if the illegal meso rate is being intentionally arranged/manipulated... conspiracy perhaps? =). Just my opinion, you just never know though, so get your tin foil hats out lol
  • TwofishTwofish
    Reactions: 745
    edited January 2019
    The game now doesn't encourage exploring anymore. Just watch how Victoria Island big map changed. First it looks like primitive forest, then at bigbang it became a fully developed island, and finally in today's kmst they change it to something like children book.
    Personally I think making game more grind is reasonable (for game developer, I don't like it), since if you can visit all maps and get a perfect character in a short time, you may drop the game and don't spend money.
    Also, those suggestions are harmful to those who grind or lottery in this game. Surely developer will stand on their side.
    Early 2000s the game was more grind than current, most people stuck before lv70, but more people do PQs, grinding in those days wasn't so painful, so it doesn't matter too much.
    These advices looks great, at least to me, but I don't think it will come true, until the game close.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Twofish wrote: »
    The game now doesn't encourage exploring anymore. Just watch how Victoria Island big map changed. First it looks like primitive forest, then at bigbang it became a fully developed island, and finally in today's kmst they change it to something like children book.
    Personally I think making game more grind is reasonable (for game developer, I don't like it), since if you can visit all maps and get a perfect character in a short time, you may drop the game and don't spend money.
    Also, those suggestions are harmful to those who grind or lottery in this game. Surely developer will stand on their side.
    Early 2000s the game was more grind than current, most people stuck before lv70, but more people do PQs, grinding in those days wasn't so painful, so it doesn't matter too much.
    These advices looks great, at least to me, but I don't think it will come true, until the game close.

It was the people that made the grind not so painful back then. There was a heavier focus on parties, so people didn't mind the awful grind.
    It's also partly because of honeymoon phase. The period of time where something is new, so you view it in a more extreme light than you will after adjusting.
    The problem with having a slow grind now is power creep. This is a basic inevitability of most MMOs.
    As players start to get closer to the power ceiling, you have to raise the floor to make sure that new players don't have to spend years to get to even average power.
    MapleStory has pacing issues right now. This is why a lot of players will say the game doesn't start until 200.
    One of the cool things about early MapleStory was exploration. It worked because if you didn't like the area you were in, you could go somewhere else.
    Because there was little to no fast travel, it felt like you were actually exploring. That combined with huge maps and portals that were actually "hidden."
    Even if Pig Beach was commonly known, it still felt like you were exploring when you first find/learn about the map.

When you start a new character now it's extremely quick and railroaded.
    There are very few areas to grind in, often limited to one area for each level range for a good majority of the game.
    Even if you do decide to use a different area, you spend so little time on the pre-200 levels it really doesn't matter.
    There isn't enough time to really appreciate what you're looking at before you get booted to the next area.
    All that said, because of powercreep, this is basically the way it has to be. There are ways to minimize this, which Nexon does seem to be attempting to do.

If there's any one thing that I could force Nexon to do, it would be to make some form of free server-wide chat.
    This is easily the biggest divide in the community, as there is no real way (without SMegas) to talk to the server.
    This encourages solo play and even enforces it on people who would actually like to play in a party.
    If your community has no way to talk to one another, then you don't have a community in the first place.