[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Reduce the cost of AP reset scrolls from Cash Shop

JosrevJosrev
Reactions: 1,425
Member, Private Tester
edited January 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello everyone
I've been playing this game since EMS and today i would like express my concern regarding the price of AP resets, they've had a price of 500 NX ever since they were introduced.
For those of you who don't know, back in the day these AP resets were used to exploit some glitch in the AP distribution system known as HP/MP washing. However, seeing that this method has been completely patched from the game long time ago I would like to suggest their price should be reduced to 100NX or even changed to mesos now that they don't represent any harm to the community in terms of advantage/disadvantage. have in mind, the AP Reset Scroll sold by NPC Matilda doesn't work on said AP atributes.
I believe this change will benefit a lot of players that have invested points in HP/MP by mistake or just they didn't have enough knowledge of the game, Not only that, but this change will also benefit old players that invested AP on HP/MP and would like to return to play this game so they don't feel their old characters are in a huge disadvantage.

Thank you very much for reading,
Josue.

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Josrev wrote: »
    Hello everyone
    -snip-
    I would like to suggest their price should be reduced to 100NX or even changed to mesos[/b] now that they don't represent any harm to the community in terms of advantage/disadvantage. have in mind, the AP Reset Scroll sold by NPC Matilda doesn't work on said AP atributes.
    -snip-

Seeing as they already costs mesos in Reboot, even if they were able to be abused still, they would be letting an entire server get away with it.
    AP/SP resets aren't used for anything other than fixing a character that is old as sin or you somehow misclicked something on.
    It's already pretty low cost and an extremely situational item in the first place. I don't know that Nexon could possibly make enough off these for a change to mesos to hurt them.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    AP Resets used to be like 3.1k NX each, and incredibly special sales (like Black Friday) had them for 1k each (or 20 for 20k) which were a godsend for HP washing (which is irrelevant whether it's been patched or not, it's just no longer necessary with the advent of % HP damage bosses), so I think 500 NX is a fair price for them.
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Seeing as they already costs mesos in Reboot, even if they were able to be abused still, they would be letting an entire server get away with it.
    AP/SP resets aren't used for anything other than fixing a character that is old as sin or you somehow misclicked something on.
    It's already pretty low cost and an extremely situational item in the first place. I don't know that Nexon could possibly make enough off these for a change to mesos to hurt them.

Reboot doesn't have the individual AP/SP resets for sale that allow you to alter HP/MP stats, just full resets similar to Matilda's.
    FuhreakKradiaRogue