[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplers Vs Mechs (new co-op based gameplay mode)

NickSephirothNickSephiroth
Reactions: 800
edited January 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
this idea is almost a carbon copy of Team Fortress 2's Mann Vs Machine game mode it would be fun to have smarter AI that can kill maplers in combat making team based parties even more effective each class having a robotic counterpart that can use the moves against you can make for some fun team ups (like bishop and cannoneer)
PLUS this can add more story elements like after the fall of the black mage Gelimer decided to study each class and make a robot version to counter players and with an armyy of mechs he could wipe out maple world if not for the whole of maple world if not for the alliance standing together
  1. Would you play this mode if it was implimented6 votes
    1. Yes
       67% (4 votes)
    2. No
       17% (1 vote)
    3. i dont know
       17% (1 vote)

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Just going to point out here...
    Gelimer is dead...
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2019
    this idea is almost a carbon copy of Team Fortress 2's Mann Vs Machine game mode it would be fun to have smarter AI that can kill maplers in combat making team based parties even more effective each class having a robotic counterpart that can use the moves against you can make for some fun team ups (like bishop and cannoneer)
    PLUS this can add more story elements like after the fall of the black mage Gelimer decided to study each class and make a robot version to counter players and with an armyy of mechs he could wipe out maple world if not for the whole of maple world if not for the alliance standing together

SPOILER ALERT:
    Gelimer is dead, he died trying to scape from the alliance when they finished off lotus.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    darik wrote: »
    -snip-
    You know spoiler alerts don't really work if you don't use the spoiler tag.
    SlicedTime
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 2,210
    edited January 2019
    As a mech I take slight offense to this.

But as a concept I like it enough.
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2019
    If Checky built an army of robots and turned it into a Man vs Machine mode, I would be down.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    If Checky built an army of robots and turned it into a Man vs Machine mode, I would be down.
    Checky: I was thinking we should be prepared to fight an army with a better army next time around.
    We had a lot of unnecessary lose that could have been minimized with machines.
    In order to make sure they're up to snuff, I was thinking you and some friends could wack 'em around a bit.
    If these things are supposed to stand up to an army we'll want to make sure to test them properly.
    Daxterbeer