[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Thief Weapons (Claw and Dagger) need a new look

PetalmagicPetalmagic
Reactions: 7,660
edited January 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
As the title states, End-game thief weapons look odd for their actual names. I think maybe they need a makeover. I may even draw up some concept sketches based on other daggers as well as the overall theme of Arcane Umbra and Absolab.

1. Daggers
uyUz7qD.png
This is the Arcane Umbra dagger. It looks like a plate, or as the MS discord lovingly called it, a "pizza cutter". This does not look like a "dagger". For a comparison, here is the Dual Blade's Arcane Umbra Katara.
Ui5YBMp.png
That looks much more like a dagger, right?
According to a google search, a dagger is: a short knife with a pointed and edged blade, used as a weapon. Google images revealed many daggers that do NOT look like the Arcane Umbra Dagger shown above, this strange "plate" theme is seen in Absolab, Arcane Umbra, Utgard, and Jahlin weapons.
2. Claws
dz4l6gX.png
This is the Arcane Umbra Claw. It just doesn't look like a "claw", it looks like a mitt or a glove, it might even be better as a Knuckle type weapon (boxing glove style?) For another comparison, the Utgard Claw:
H1x4WQs.png
It looks more "claw" like in design, no? Well the Mitt type of design is seen in Absolab, Arcane Umbra, and Jahlin weapons.

The suggestion is simple:
Change how the weapon looks. I may add some concept sketches later.

(Also may add screenshots of the other offending weapons)
  1. Do you want weapons changed?8 votes
    1. Yes, I want a dagger. I can't stab stuff with a plate!
       75% (6 votes)
    2. No, I like my plate. It stabs stuff, somehow.
       25% (2 votes)

Comments

• PoiuuiopPoiuuiop
    Reactions: 625
    edited January 2019
    DOWN WITH THE PIZZA CUTTERS AND OVEN MITTS
    PetalmagicBeef
  • WenezhaWenezha
    Reactions: 940
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    The fact that the genesis weapon also follows this trend of dagger shapes also concerns me, because in all honesty it does not look pleasing compared to all the other weapons. When I first got my Arcane umbra dagger, it was a big achievement for me, unfortunately the pleasure of finally retrieving this well deserved item is not backed up in it's looks compared to many other arcane umbra weapons in the game. Which encouraged me to use an anvil to show a much more pleasing dagger, being the Raven horn Baselard. In my opinion, this was one of the last few daggers that were introduced into the game that actually looked like I was using a dagger, I know that NA Nexon doesn't really have the power to change the game on a large scale but I do wish to voice my opinion that I do not like having a mezzaluna as a weapon for a thief. I want a knife :(
    SlicedTime
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited January 2019
    Thief skills revolve around slashing and has very little stabbing involving. The new so-called daggers lack sharp points but the edge can still be sharp. The new dagger looks like a protractor or pizza cutter (I was pretending I had a dagger when I was in math class.)

For more menacing knives, Team Fortress 2's Sniper has a variety of Kukris which according to Sniper, "Now that is a knife"

I for one am extremely triggered by the appearance of our claws. Absolab Gloves look more menacing than the Revenge Guard. It looks more like a oven mitt and not something for handling sharp knives.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    Pizza cutter daggers suck farts. Anyone who thinks otherwise, please let the door hit you on the way out.
  • MargoVioletMargoViolet
    Reactions: 820
    edited January 2019
    Wow these are all ugly as hell.. arcane claw is almost as big as the characters body... I think they design them poorly so we are enticed to buying nx covers/anvils loool
    YinYangX
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2019
    Wenezha wrote: »
    The fact that the genesis weapon also follows this trend of dagger shapes also concerns me, because in all honesty it does not look pleasing compared to all the other weapons. When I first got my Arcane umbra dagger, it was a big achievement for me, unfortunately the pleasure of finally retrieving this well deserved item is not backed up in it's looks compared to many other arcane umbra weapons in the game. Which encouraged me to use an anvil to show a much more pleasing dagger, being the Raven horn Baselard. In my opinion, this was one of the last few daggers that were introduced into the game that actually looked like I was using a dagger, I know that NA Nexon doesn't really have the power to change the game on a large scale but I do wish to voice my opinion that I do not like having a mezzaluna as a weapon for a thief. I want a knife :(

Lets be honest u wont be getting a genesis weapon.
    YinYangX
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited January 2019
    Wow these are all ugly as hell.. arcane claw is almost as big as the characters body... I think they design them poorly so we are enticed to buying nx covers/anvils loool

Yeah, but honestly...I generally like the look of clean gear if I get my character's look right...just not...these daggers/claws. I love the idea of carrying around a dagger on my Dual Blade and stabbing stuff with it (even if attacks are not stabby) because...well that's what a thief class in games generally is! Sneaking up to someone, poking them with your weapon, and taking their loot :P
  • PirateIzzyPirateIzzy
    Reactions: 5,265
    edited January 2019
    I'll have you know I use pizza cutters as weapons all the time
    YinYangX
  • JUMOWAJUMOWA
    Reactions: 710
    edited January 2019
    Pizza cutters will get me fat?