[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Missed the Black Mage battle, was there story?

HuskyDMHuskyDM
Reactions: 3,745
edited January 2019 in General Chat
Welp, I got distracted and the Black Mage was gone before I knew it.
Is the big battle still available? Was there some Blockbuster available with it? If so how can I access it?

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Is the big battle still available? Was there some Blockbuster available with it? If so how can I access it?

You're going to need to be 245+ to access the content. There was a good bit of story stuff.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited January 2019
    Moonbridge is available at level 245 if you've completed the Esfera storyline.
    Labyrinth is available at level 250 if you've completed Moonbridge.
    And Limina is available at level 255 if you've completed Labyrinth.

The story is still present, including the final battle. However the battle will be significantly more difficult and you won't possess the Alliance and Goddess Skills to help you.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/42616/updated-january-23-v-202-black-mage-new-beginnings-patch-notes#tenebris
    FuhreakYinYangX
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited January 2019
    Just check some vid of youtube,im sure youtubers have uploaded the whole event
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited January 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »

You're going to need to be 245+ to access the content. There was a good bit of story stuff.

Is the story stuff still available by going to those areas directly?
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019

As Neospector said, it is.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited January 2019
    As Neospector said, it is.

Also, iirc, think when you do it directly, there's more cutscenes/lore then with the event.
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited January 2019
    There is, and was, no blockbuster along the lines of black heaven or heroes of maple. The content was similar in some ways with how it was presented, but it was a couple months of constant dailies and everyone contributing(jury's out on this one though) to the overall progress.