[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Alliance Rank

MisterPENGUINMisterPENGUIN
Reactions: 2,075
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2019 in General Chat
How do i even get to Hero III... Im currently Warrior 1 but when trying to buy something from shop it say's I'm not lmfao.
Anyway's how do you rank up? What quests do you complete? Also i don't like doing quest's but i will if there's a chance to get keyboard warrior skin.

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited February 2019
    How do i even get to Hero III... Im currently Warrior 1 but when trying to buy something from shop it say's I'm not lmfao.
    Anyway's how do you rank up? What quests do you complete? Also i don't like doing quest's but i will if there's a chance to get keyboard warrior skin.

You cannot rank up anymore. You are unfortunately stuck at Warrior 1.
  • GhibleeGhiblee
    Reactions: 3,795
    edited February 2019
    As Petalmagic said, you are unable to level up your rank since the event has already ended. :(
    Players are only able to purchase the items that are listed below the rank they have attained when the event ended on January 23rd.

However, feel free to purchase other items that are accessible to you!
    The Alliance shop will be open until February 12th 3:59 PM PST.
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited February 2019
    How come we are no longer able to turn in our energy balls for coins? I was under the impression the shop was available until the 12th, and was saving the balls to turn in as needed for the 30% exp bonus, did I just lose over a thousand alliance coins because we were told the event stayed open until the 12th, but actually ended the 6th? I literally have 1384 maple world energy in my inventory right now...

This seems a bit of an oops on Nexons part, if the event/shop doesn't end until the 12th, then our energy balls should have been able to turn in until the 12th even if we were no longer able to earn more. They could have even given an option to automatically convert any remaining energy in our inventory to alliance coins, but all they had to do was leave the tree working, just without the exp blessing.

This seems a pretty but screw up to me. I mean, I understand the event itself ending on the 6th, but all the news I read said the 12th, and so there should have been a warning in a big bold font that you would no longer be able to turn in energy after the 6th, that seems a pretty important thing to note, right?
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    How come we are no longer able to turn in our energy balls for coins? I was under the impression the shop was available until the 12th, and was saving the balls to turn in as needed for the 30% exp bonus, did I just lose over a thousand alliance coins because we were told the event stayed open until the 12th, but actually ended the 6th? I literally have 1384 maple world energy in my inventory right now...

This seems a bit of an oops on Nexons part, if the event/shop doesn't end until the 12th, then our energy balls should have been able to turn in until the 12th even if we were no longer able to earn more. They could have even given an option to automatically convert any remaining energy in our inventory to alliance coins, but all they had to do was leave the tree working, just without the exp blessing.

This seems a pretty but screw up to me. I mean, I understand the event itself ending on the 6th, but all the news I read said the 12th, and so there should have been a warning in a big bold font that you would no longer be able to turn in energy after the 6th, that seems a pretty important thing to note, right?

I don't know what "everything you read" was, but the Update Notes and the Event Notice both said quite clearly that the Fresh Start event, involving collecting Maple World's Energy and giving it to the Peaceful Maple Tree, ends February 5th.

I'm sorry for your loss, but assuming that the coin conversion event continues past that, just because the shop is open, is an "oops" or even "screw up" on your part, not Nexon's.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

I don't know what "everything you read" was, but the Update Notes and the Event Notice both said quite clearly that the Fresh Start event, involving collecting Maple World's Energy and giving it to the Peaceful Maple Tree, ends February 5th.

I'm sorry for your loss, but assuming that the coin conversion event continues past that, just because the shop is open, is an "oops" or even "screw up" on your part, not Nexon's.

To go a step even further, Ghiblee herself posted a reminder on the subreddit that yesterday was the final day to turn in energy for coins.

I'm sorry Starry, but this is on you. It was made known well beforehand that the fresh start event would end before the shop closed.
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited February 2019
    @Akradian. I didn't read the event notice, but I did read the Update Notes. You're saying that overlooking a single number on one line in that entire post, which is almost 11,000 words long, places the blame squarely in my own lap? Alright, but that makes you sound a bit douchey, but then I'm sure my post sounded douchey to you, so fair play. :)

@Agrapphine. I don't even have a reddit account, I do occasionally read it, such as when I'm searching for some information and a post is part of the search results, and then occasionally fall down a rabbit hole, but that's a different story, lol.

While I think it's great that Ghiblee posted that, as it demonstrates an effort on her part to engage in the community, realistically it also justifies my point. That she even felt it necessary to try and reach out to the community in that way suggests a recognition that players might not be aware, or that it was not something that was expressly clear. Surely Nexon is aware that a significant portion of their player base is young, and suggesting they are obligated to not only read the updates and event notices, but to be that diligent in understanding them? Yeah, that's not realistic at all. Rather, it sounds like a way to hide 'outs' in fine print. Still, you're technically right, the information was apparently available, however fine print it may have been. I made an assumption that since the shop was open that we would be able to turn in our energy until then. Because that makes more sense to me.

No worries though, I would have just used the coins for more symbols anyways, because dream defender is basically cancer until your range is like 5 times what's needed for the zone the mini-game is in. Getting three symbols a day for dream defender until you have 6mil range (in reboot), at which point you can make it to floor 40, and get 4 a day, all while you get 15 a day for hmuto, is frustrating as all heck. But hey, it's just time, right?