[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Joystick problems

YodaYoda
Reactions: 1,045
edited February 2019 in Tech Support
Ever since the february 14th maintenance I've been having joystick problems.
I satr playing as usual, until suddenly the joystick doesn't respond any more.
I restart the game several times until it works again. In the joystick options it appears as if it weren't configured, after a few tries it may come back.
However, I tried this several times, one of the last times, when I finally started playing again the computer sent a message about the usb not being recognized. I had to disable it, enable it - connect - disconnect - close the game - open the game, etc.
At first I thought it was the joystick as it is just a generic one, prone to fali; It didn't work in Maplestory but it did work on final fantasy ix and I also tested it in the windows properties menu with no issues.
This is really annoying.
I'd like to know if someone is having this issues, and what it could be / how can I fix it?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    I would advise you to simply not use a joystick, or a gamepad for that matter, with this game. The in-built gamepad controls are awful, and the antihack/nexon in general seems to frown upon using things such as xpadder to remap things.
  • YodaYoda
    edited February 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    the antihack/nexon in general seems to frown upon using things such as xpadder to remap things.

I've noticed. However, I've played with a joystick ever since that option became available and I had never had problmes before this past week.
  • YodaYoda
    edited February 2019
    Ok, problem solved.
    My computer was formatted.