[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

What to do with old coins?

MawgMawg
Reactions: 1,350
edited February 2019 in General Chat
I have many, many, old coins, going back many years.

I real life I might be able to change them at the bank, or at least drop them into a charity box.

What, if anything, can I do with them in Maple?

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    We used to get events where you could exchange them for the newest/latest/greatest event coin, I don't think we've had one of these in awhile.
    My advice would be to hang onto them if you have the room (you never know!) or to just toss them starting with the oldest ones if you don't.
    Mawg
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    We used to get events where you could exchange them for the newest/latest/greatest event coin, I don't think we've had one of these in awhile.
    My advice would be to hang onto them if you have the room (you never know!) or to just toss them starting with the oldest ones if you don't.

We got two of those, and they were the V and override updates. The exchange rates were also nowhere near 1:1, so it was more of "if you stocked up and missed out on one of these two previous events, you can exchange your coins here". And even then, I think it was only hero coins from the events that came with heroes of maple.

At this point, if you're not sitting on literally hundreds of event coins from more than three years ago, you can safely dumpster them unless you want to hang onto them because nostalgia.
    Fuhreak
  • MawgMawg
    Reactions: 1,350
    edited February 2019
    I have a few thousand, mostly in dribs & drabs, but a few have 300+

I have enough storage space, so can wait a few decades for the next trade-in event.

Thanks for the feed back