[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Where do nexon's priorities lie?

AggraphineAggraphine
Reactions: 19,415
edited February 2019 in General Chat
It's a simple question, and if this fits better in rants and raves I'll thank a mod in advance for moving it.

I want to know what nexon is prioritizing right now. Because, as of posting, there are ten different bug report threads just on the first page regarding players being unable to complete quests. Meanwhile the community team's focus seems to be an arguable non-issue regarding rankings that, when compared to the playerbase at large, only a vocal minority really care about to any extent anymore.

On top of this we have a memo from Dennis that all but outright says "we're thinking about performing maintenance less often" at one point. Is it really a wise choice to "seek to minimize player disruption" by scheduling maintenance periods less frequently when the trade-off seems to be things being impassably broken for longer periods? Not only that, but the issue a week or so back of all the reactors in the game, as well as several bosses and party quests, seemed to have been completely glossed over, while minor aftereffects still remain.

I can't know for certain what's going on over there, but it seems, to me at least, that there's a moderate amount of disorder or disarray occurring right now. Or, if not that, then at least a very noticeable amount of questionable decisions being made. I can't look at the things I've linked and not think "is anyone actually paying attention to this?"
HuskyDMFuhreak

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Nexon is aware of the quest issue, and SavageAce even referred to it in his memo as a "critical issue".
    Unfortunately, until the developers send over a fix, there is little else Nexon America - or the community team - can do.
    I don't know why they haven't tried restarting the servers, which helped with a very similar issue we had after last week's maintenance. (But it occurring immediately after a maintenance hints that this week's lack of maintenance is not the cause of the bug).

Meanwhile, the community team can try to address community issues. The rankings were upsetting members of the community. Maybe only a few of them, but those few were the ones actively participating in the 275 race. It is the community team's job to collect community opinions on such things.
    darik
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Nexon is aware of the quest issue, and SavageAce even referred to it in his memo as a "critical issue".
    Unfortunately, until the developers send over a fix, there is little else Nexon America - or the community team - can do.
    I don't know why they haven't tried restarting the servers, which helped with a very similar issue we had after last week's maintenance. (But it occurring immediately after a maintenance hints that this week's lack of maintenance is not the cause of the bug).

Meanwhile, the community team can try to address community issues. The rankings were upsetting members of the community. Maybe only a few of them, but those few were the ones actively participating in the 275 race. It is the community team's job to collect community opinions on such things.

I suppose you have a point, but you still see where I'm coming from with this, right? To the casual observer it looks like they're running around like a chicken with its head cut off.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited February 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »

I suppose you have a point, but you still see where I'm coming from with this, right? To the casual observer it looks like they're running around like a chicken with its head cut off.

For as long as I've been playing I've never seen whoever is responsible for the game actually trying to fix anything and being transparent with the community. There is a reason why the always say the coding team is useless, running joke or not, the impression they are giving with the lack of crucial fixes, desire to work on maintenance less, and the smoke and mirrors show that is the ranking discussion makes it seem as if they want to work less and less on a game that desperately needs fixing. There is only so many times you can send memos without actually making fixes before people start losing their cool.
    Fuhreak
  • MigiSouthpawMigiSouthpaw
    Reactions: 1,000
    edited February 2019
    Numba 1 priority is to empty player's wallets and bank account

They are doing that pretty well at the moment with the philo books

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    I have been trying to make a point of this in the Discord/bug report forums, but the comments just get swept aside. It is straight up unacceptable that things like the reactor glitch, monster spawn recognition, and deaths causing crashes has been going on for as long as they have. Weird, when Reboot had a double discount for Starforce they were able to swiftly take action against that, but lord help us if several game-breaking bugs happen to hang around for three weeks and counting. Oh, people are starting to complain ? Let's throw up a Philo event that'll distract them for a few more days.

When you're on a sinking ship, I guess all you can do is enjoy the view while you're on it, right...?
    HuskyDM
  • KardiacoKardiaco
    I can't even create a character...

(this is my first time logging in since 6 years ago btw)