[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Questions To GM/MS Staff/Nexon Staff

Roni777Roni777
Reactions: 1,180
Member, Private Tester
edited February 2019 in General Chat
To make it clear here, I am NOT talking about kishin mule

Situation :
I saw more and more players start to use 2nd account mule (Kanna or other char) using their 2nd computer to leech 40 legion mules to lv 200+ fast, One of the char they use is Kanna, or Luminious. Some who use Luminious also have 3rd computer for kishin mule. But most using Kanna. They raise their kanna to level 200+, and makes it strong with lots of funding and nodes for 5th job skills. Then using it to power level / Leech their Main account 40 mules from around level 160 to around lv 210 really fast

My Personal Opinion :
This is only personal opinion. I'm not saying that I am right or I am wrong. And that is why i come with this question. Before, i saw several people doing it on 2 or 3 chars, it didn't really come into my mind. But as time goes on, i heard some players doing this on a lot of chars or even all of their 40 mules, i think it -possibly- a user abuse. But i think i should ask GM/MS staff/Nexon staff to clear this up

Quoting to https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204737315-What-activities-constitute-User-Abuse-, point 4,
Using Hacking Tools: Using a third-party program or using illegal means to play the game in a manner that is not intended by the creators. Sharing, buying and selling of hacking programs or methods.

From that quote, using illegal means to play the game in a manner that is not intended by the creator. I supposed leeching using 1 char on another account with another computer to leech a lot of mules to lv 200+ repeteadly, whilst our main account 40 chars only leech exp and gain level to 200ish without proper equips, funding, and very low damage and just sit there and getting leech from lv 160ish up to lv 210ish. The char only sit there and move a bit for few seconds or get hit by monsters to leech exp. So the players itself doesn't actually progress in a manner intended by the creator, but only using 1 funded char from 2nd account to leech their main account 40 chars.

Also i realised that few months back , Maplestory just applied Anti-leeching system. whereas players supposedly can't passively leeching their main account with another account without moving. But by outsmarting this system through moving a bit every few seconds or getting hit by monsters, players managed to bypass this system. This will connect to question No.3 below

As i said above, i prefer to clear things up. and that is why I am asking this below questions to Maplestory/Nexon.

My Questions :
1. What does using illegal means to play the game in a manner that is not intended by the creator? is it only related to automation/hacking/botting?
2. Is what i mentioned above regards as user/player abuse?
3. I know recently Maplestory have applied a new system that i consider it anti-leeching. This prevent players from Leeching. If players just doing nothing there and not moving or not in combat after few seconds, they won't gain exp. Is this intended for hacker only? Or this is intended for all players to prevent players to abuse leeching system as I mention above on my Personal opinion by using a 2nd account on 2nd computer to leech their other /main account and power levelling it?
4. Is it against the Term Of Service?

As last words from me, what i mention above might be wrong and might be true. That is why i am asking this questions. As i can use this to answer if any friends or Guild members who ask whether this act consider as an abuse to the system or not. As i see this practice start growing. If it is not an abuse, so i can tell people that it is not and so people can do this strategy without worries. For answering, thanks beforehand

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited February 2019
    I skimmed your post, so apologies on that front. I'll try, however, to touch on a few of your points.

TL;DR: there is no wrongdoing to be had in running around with kishin mules. It's a toxic mindset, yes, but it's not against any one rule or another.

You fundamentally cannot stop multiple connected accounts from the same IP address. Not only would this negatively impact people who actually do have multiple players in a single household, but it would also ensure that people in other countries who play from PC cafes and the like would never play again.

It's an unfortunate reality of the current state of the game/mindset of players that a kishin mule is mandatory past a certain point. The only thing to be done about this is to either do away with kishin, which is going to anger a lot of people, or make changes to the game itself so people don't feel so pressured into a kanna mule. And realistically, it's no different from years past where people would have a bishop or a phantom to act as a holy symbol mule, so it's not like kishin mules are some horrible new pox upon the game.

Another note, regarding your bolded section, when they say illegal means they're referring directly to outright hacking, not running a second account on a second pc with a kanna. It literally says "Using Hacking Tools" at the beginning of the line with the bolded segment.

As for "a manner not intended by the creators", that's entirely a matter of semantics and personal conjecture. There are vast differences between kms and gms, most notable among them being sweetwater gear, gollux accessories and kanna itself. Who's to say which iteration of the game is what is "intended by the creators"? Especially considering all of the content across the many different versions of the game are, primarily, created by teams working at nexon korea.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    No. I am not talking about kishin mule.

I am asking about using 2nd Computer to leech off main account 40 chars to lv 210. the main account just afk. So instead playing, funding and gearing 40 chars and levelling it, they just funding 1 char and equipping it and then power levelling their 40 mules on main account.

I know it is hard to prevent. And it also hard to prove it. But my main point is if Maple consider it as an abuse, at least i can encourage players not to do it. i just wonder if Maple consider it as abuse? As i also don't want to answer it wrong to people who ask about it.

as for kishin mule, as generally players have accepted it. It is not overly abusing eventhough giving advantages. As long as the kishin mule is only giving kishin buff. I don't really care as i see players also helping each other with kishin mule. It becomes even a unique aspects that blending players by helping kishining others.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2019
    Leeching has been part of the game since its inception.
    People hanging on a rope while a Bishop or Archmage spams their ultimate at Skelegons, or cowering in the corner while a Nightlord or Warrior kill Anego or Bigfoot, were very common before Big Bang. And those who had two computers would use a Bishop on that second computer to leech their main.

You are right that Nexon Korea has recently been adding various mechanisms intended to prevent leeching. However, as far as I know, they never actually said in their Terms of Service that leeching is not allowed. Nexon America definitely hasn't, despite having over a decade to put it in clear words (instead of that "intended by the creators" line that is open to interpretation).

So, no, it is not against the rules to leech, either with your own second account or with friends.

P.S. The same can be said about boss carries. Nexon keeps making it more and more difficult to carry someone who is not contributing to the fight through a boss run, but has never come out and said that it is against the rules.
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Okay. Can leech all my 40 mules with ease . Thanks for the confirmation. ^_^
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited March 2019
    Roni777 wrote: »
    Okay. Can leech all my 40 mules with ease . Thanks for the confirmation. ^_^

go get em' tiger
  • AstersAsters
    Reactions: 975
    edited March 2019
    iThey are totally not leeching , the kanna-bishop are there just to provide a necessary buff
    f there was a faster way no one would bother making a second account. to be honest the issue is

1- we got -account& world limit on monster park rather character limit. (also need to purchase tickets from c,s)
    2- the party quests are limited & they used to free & have huge exp and super good rewards (special un-tradable items )
    3-there are areas with 50% increase of exp per party member BUT they have small spawn rate and small exp.

Personally i loved leon king castle-knight stronghold since they had the benefit of party play the problem was spawn rate back by then and so people used to leech.
    at least there were 4 active players of 6 with turns taking to attack .it was addictive.

still there are dozens of ways to lvl up now but they are not for party
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Aster, the kanna and bishop not there only for buff. But the kanna is actively killing to power level the other account. Because the kanna is strong and can clear all monsters every second, it can power level the main account from level 160-210 Uber fast. and the 40 chars on main the main account only need to sit and move every few seconds. It is easier coz we only need to fund and gearing 1 kanna instead of 40 chars.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited March 2019
    Roni777 wrote: »
    Aster, the kanna and bishop not there only for buff. But the kanna is actively killing to power level the other account. Because the kanna is strong and can clear all monsters every second, it can power level the main account from level 160-210 Uber fast. and the 40 chars on main the main account only need to sit and move every few seconds. It is easier coz we only need to fund and gearing 1 kanna instead of 40 chars.

You say that as if its somehow a problem people do that. The game is geared to having multiple characters at high levels for the best rewards, and people found a way to make that happen. What's the issue here?
    darik
  • Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    It is not a problem. But it is a question or asking for clarification.

Is this against the rules,

" Quoting to https://support-maplestory.nexon.net/hc/en-us/articles/204737315-What-activities-constitute-User-Abuse-, point 4,"
    Using Hacking Tools: Using a third-party program or using illegal means to play the game in a manner that is not intended by the creators. Sharing, buying and selling of hacking programs or methods. "

It is not an issue, but I am asking a question to clarify this to Maplestory. Because if the main account 40 chars with only 50k damage range can easily get from lv 160 - lv 210. Does Maplestory view this as "illegal means to play game in a manner that is not intended by the creators?

Is the creator intended for a 50k damage range char can get to lv 210 really fast without any equips, fund and almost no damage? When i was grinding with a char with 700k damge range, averagely took me around 1hour -2 hours for 1 level. So with 50k damage range, it should requires possibly 10 times longer, which is around 15 hours perlevel of farming to get 1 level.

To get around 40 levels with 50k damage range requires around 15 hoursx 40 = 600 hours. But with 2nd account power levelling can get 1 level in around 10-15 mins. 15 mins x 40 = 10 hours. Even if my calculation is not 100% correct, but hsouldn't be far. Because to get from lv 160-210 with 50k damage range with only around 10 hours is not normal, unless they use certain strategy.

tho I got the answer since we had a reply from Akradian. He should have connection with GM and his answer should be legit and represent GM. It is solved if you read the answer above by Akradian

I just don't want to give a wrong answer to friends when they ask me about it. Nexon is the one who makes the rule. So getting answer from them is 100% accurate or at least 99% accurate. Tho, I'm not sure if I'm going to do it or not. Let's see in the future :)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited March 2019
    If you're waiting for an answer from an actual gm, you're going to be waiting an awfully long time, the game staff do not participate on the forums. Ghiblee is the community manager, not game staff.

Not only were you given an answer by AK a ways up-thread, but you have a decade-plus of tacit approval from nexon. They've had almost 15 years to come out against the practice of leeching your own characters and they never have, not even when lion king's castle had the crazy-ass party play experience bonuses.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited March 2019
    I guess this is going nowhere but still:

Using Hacking Tools: Using a third-party program or using illegal means to play the game in a manner that is not intended by the creators. Sharing, buying and selling of hacking programs or methods. "

You forget the part of Hacking Tools and third party programs. Basically, if you hack the game then you are against the ToS. If you have multiple PCs and grind that way then you are not against the ToS. Also, you can get to 210 with 50k damage by leeching to anyone, not just Kanna. Unless it is against the ToS you can play the game whatever want.

• Roni777Roni777
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    Yes Husky. That is basically what Akradian said above.....
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    Reactions: 1,470
    edited March 2019
    Buddy it's also illegal and against Tos to sell/buy gears and meso for real money. People still do it and they will keep doing it, along with several other stuffs that are also against TOS cause MS team is too incompetent to enforce any of their dumb rules.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited March 2019
    dang reading all of that made my head spin but just read the term of service. It tells you how to play the game. I heard people finesse their way around it, and most of those people are banned. Some aren't caused term of service doesn't state they can't do some things. So I say read it and review it and you will know what you can and can't do. Me personally I won't use programs as well as no one in our ally as we don't need it, Also in our eyes, it's cheating. Some people would use programs til they get caught like a recent incident. Overall it's dependent on you but always remember every decision you make have a result and if your willing to accept it then that should answer your question.