[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

World Leap V2?

TheChosenJuanTheChosenJuan
Reactions: 505
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I was thinking why not allow players to move their characters to other servers, specifically to Reboot. I dont play this game as much because the server im in is dead asf, and if i was allowed to move my char to reboot i would definitely start playing a lot more and have more fun since there are more people to play with.
Real talk people who don't play in reboot should at least get the chance to change servers since we payed for cubes while people who play in Reboot don't, which is kinda unfair in my opinion.

I would love to read comments as to why allowing this is a bad idea

Comments

• TheChosenJuanTheChosenJuan
    Reactions: 505
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    I would like to add that atleast we can move 1 Character as i see thats fair enough
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited May 2019
    There are far too many fundamental differences between reboot and non-reboot that transfers in and out of it would be prohibitively complex. All of your gear would potentially be at risk of some kind of noticeable damage inflicted upon it. Reboot has no scrolls, has no bonus potential.

If you want to play on reboot, then play on reboot and abandon your main as it is on the dead world.
    FuhreakPride
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    There are far too many fundamental differences between reboot and non-reboot that transfers in and out of it would be prohibitively complex. All of your gear would potentially be at risk of some kind of noticeable damage inflicted upon it. Reboot has no scrolls, has no bonus potential.

If you want to play on reboot, then play on reboot and abandon your main as it is on the dead world.

More importantly, the very premise of Reboot is to progress by your own efforts without trading or using real-world money to get stronger. Bringing in a character that accumulated equipment through trading or cash use, runs counter to that premise. It would - and should - never be allowed.
    FuhreakPride