[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Please adjust Pink Bean Prequest for Beginner

ShippouShippou
Reactions: 1,570
Member, Private Tester
edited May 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I main my Beginner character and have run into an issue for a long time with the Pink Bean prequest.
I'm able to do every other boss (outside of Arcane River), but Pink Bean's prequest has an issue for me.
Part of the Memory Keeper's section requires your character to speak to their first job advancement NPC. Obviously, as a Beginner, I don't have one.
I've even tried using a remote quest completer to no avail.

yael2rC.png

This is the only part of the questline that requires something like this.

For other quests in the game, beginners do have special handling. Many quests around Ludi, for example, give beginner-specific rewards, and the Zakum boss prequest allows beginners to participate by having them talk to the warrior job instructor.

What I'd like is the same to happen here -- if the quest could just default to an NPC like Dances with Balrog if an appropriate NPC could not be found.
I know this change would only impact a handful of people, but it feels like such a shame that I can do every other part of this quest except this one, meaning I can't ever go with friends to Pink Bean/Chaos Pink Bean.
Fuhreak