[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Jett Skill Cosmic Upheaval causing Disconnection

1DMG1DMG
Reactions: 1,390
edited June 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Gameplay

Brief bug summary:
Usage of Jett 3rd Job skill Cosmic Upheaval on monsters causes disconnection to login screen.

More details:
Consistent use of the skill on monsters causes disconnection, however the skill does not cause disconnection with every use. On average using the skill 3 times about every 10 seconds has caused 7 disconnections in 30 minutes.
The skill only causes disconnections after the monsters are pulled from their location, so if the monsters affected are killed by the skill itself no disconnection precipitates.

This skill is vital to Jett hunting gameplay.

System specification:
Windows 10 64 bit
Intel i7 7700k
Nvidia GTX 1080ti
16gb RAM

Steps to reproduce: Reproduction requires extended time of gameplay and constant usage of the skill on monsters, however disconnections are consistently precipitated from use of the skill and only after monsters are pulled.
For example, I have been using the skill on monsters in Lachelein. I use Cosmic Upheaval, which damages them and then pulls the monsters to my location. Then I kill them with a different skill. The instant the monsters are pulled to my location, disconnection may occur.

Character name: X011

Character level: 220

Character job: JETT

World name: REBOOT

Date and time of the incident: ONGOING

Comments

• MastahiroMastahiro
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited June 2019
    This only happens in Chuchu/Lachelein for me.
    I got from 140-210 without any Upheaval DCs, but then got 8 just doing the Chuchu prequests. Not sure if the problem persists beyond that, but that's the information I have.

This information was already mentioned a year ago over here, recently necro-posted due to the fact that they've yet to have been addressed.

Maybe if we keep bringing it up someone will finally notice and fix something for once.