[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to use Flames on Maple Treasure Equips

ShippouShippou
Reactions: 1,570
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug Type:

Equipment Enhancement

Details:

I am unable to use level 110, 120, or level 130 flames on Maple Treasure Equipment (level 110 gear)

i8OnQL9.png

These equipment items come from the Override Fashion Shop with random additional options, so additional options are available for them.

I am able to use powerful rebirth flames on this gear:
n5LDCWk.png

Steps to Reproduce:

-Obtain Maple Treasure equipment from Override Fashion Coin Shop
-Obtain level 110-130 Flames of Rebirth
-Note that the items are incompatible despite the indicated level of the Equipment

Character Name:
xTLK
Character Level:
Character Job:
Battlemage
World Name:
Bera

Note that if this is intended functionality, there is no in-game explanation as to why.
Neither tool tip for both the flame or the equipment indicate limitations on usage.
This issue appears to affect more gear that just Maple Treasure. My level 120 Timeless Earrings cannot be used with level 120 or 130 flames despite being level 120.
Frozen Gear appears to be the same, despite all of these items having the ability to come with additional stats.

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Level flames can only be used on items (not item types, but specific items) that already existed before we had flames.
    Since your Maple Treasure items are new (you just bought them from the shop), only Powerful and Eternal flames will work on them.

The in-game indication as to whether an item can or can't have level flames applied to it, is the small circle in the top left of the item icon on the tooltip. If it is solid white, the item can only use Powerful and Eternal flames. If it is gray, the item can take leveled flames.
    Shippou
  • ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Level flames can only be used on items (not item types, but specific items) that already existed before we had flames.
    Since your Maple Treasure items are new (you just bought them from the shop), only Powerful and Eternal flames will work on them.

The in-game indication as to whether an item can or can't have level flames applied to it, is the small circle in the top left of the item icon on the tooltip. If it is solid white, the item can only use Powerful and Eternal flames. If it is gray, the item can take leveled flames.

It took me a while to find the circle you were talking about. It is extraordinarily faint.

However, what you've said about whether or not the item existed before we got flames is confusing.
    I can purchase an item from an NPC in henesys, for example, and it is able to receive level flames.
    Dropped items from monsters can't, it seems.

I guess this is intended behavior then, but it's very confusing intended behavior, considering level flames are far more easily obtainable than powerful/eternal, yet they cannot be used on the very equipment the boss drops...