[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Have Server-Wide Kish/Frenzy Effect as an Event

fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
Reactions: 1,465
edited June 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
With maps being permanently fixed into being permanently on kish'd at the moment, I wondered if it's possible to have this effect as an event, similar to 2x exp/drop rate. People seem to be enjoying it a lot, why not take advantage of this?

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    This shouldn't be an event... the rate at which the monsters are currently spawning is how the maps should always be spawning.
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    edited June 2019
    Mira wrote: »
    This shouldn't be an event... the rate at which the monsters are currently spawning is how the maps should always be spawning.

Well, I'm trying to be realistic here since, you know, they don't want it this way.
  • msclover23msclover23
    Reactions: 520
    edited June 2019
    Name the event "Lingering kishin event." it is a full day event, happen once a month or so.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019

Then remove the effect in its entirety from both kishin and frenzy totems. Since the current spawn rates are "how the maps should always be spawning", as you said.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Then remove the effect in its entirety from both kishin and frenzy totems. Since the current spawn rates are "how the maps should always be spawning", as you said.

Careful there fellows, I already agree with this idea and we wouldn't want Nexon missing the sarcasm. (Well I think it's sarcastic anyway.)
    I personally still think the spawn rate is fine, people just need to use bigger maps (and parties) and stop over-powering themselves to the point of one shot before grinding correctly.
    Of course Nexon isn't making this any more desirable with the nerf of Holy Symbol, making solo-play-meta a FEATURE from level 30-60, among other things.
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    edited June 2019
    Well, with the fix on the perma kish, let us at least be thankful the servers will be less laggy. Because as we know, it's less laggy to have people not kishing when maps are already kished, than having bots and mules constantly increasing the spawnrate.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    If the most efficient way of leveling was fighting extremely high hp mobs in a group setting players would do it.

Solostory is nexon's creation.
    FuhreakSlicedTime
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    GMS could break away from it all and buff all mob exp/drop/meso tables by 2.25 and drop quest requirements by half, equaling kishin effect while removing mob spawn/density rate. Thus keeping the God awful current spawn rates if they truly believe that spawn was causing server strain.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Careful there fellows, I already agree with this idea and we wouldn't want Nexon missing the sarcasm. (Well I think it's sarcastic anyway.)
    I personally still think the spawn rate is fine, people just need to use bigger maps (and parties) and stop over-powering themselves to the point of one shot before grinding correctly.
    Of course Nexon isn't making this any more desirable with the nerf of Holy Symbol, making solo-play-meta a FEATURE from level 30-60, among other things.

Frenzy already does offer more than what the perm-Kish/Fury offers, and by a noticeable margin. Current Kishin/Fury has about a 3 second respawn time compared to the regular 5 second respawn of non-Kish maps, and about a 25% increase in monster spawn. Frenzy lowers that to 1 second respawn, and also increases to about 50% monster spawn. As it stands right now, in most non-Kished/Frenzied training maps, people can clear the entire map, and are still waiting 1-2 seconds for a new wave of monsters to spawn. That is not a good way for anyone to train. It's different if you are unable to clear all the monsters per 5 seconds, but for those of us who are, it makes a huge difference. I'm not sure what the logical place for a Kishin increase would be... perhaps somewhere in between the two...?

Fuhreak, being a fellow F/P Mage, take Poison Nova for instance. On a non-Kished map, Nova is going to usually hit 1 wave of monsters, and at most hit 2 waves. In a Kished map, it is going to hit 2 waves minimum, possibly even 3, and Frenzy goes from 3 to possibly 4. That is a huuuuuuge amount of exp difference. Fact of the matter is, MapleStory IS SoloStory, and that is not going to change in the foreseeable future. Having single trainers sitting in a map doing nothing for 1-2 seconds each spawn is not good spawn design. This isn't even factoring in the constant events we have where accruing points = killing monsters. With the perma-kish, I was able to actually finish it in 15-20 minutes, as opposed to the 30+ it would take on a non-kished Map (disregarding the flat 10 min it takes with Frenzy...). So no, I wasn't being sarcastic, I was totally being serious that the spawn rate should be increased from what it is.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Frenzy already does offer more than what the perm-Kish/Fury offers, and by a noticeable margin. Current Kishin/Fury has about a 3 second respawn time compared to the regular 5 second respawn of non-Kish maps, and about a 25% increase in monster spawn. Frenzy lowers that to 1 second respawn, and also increases to about 50% monster spawn. As it stands right now, in most non-Kished/Frenzied training maps, people can clear the entire map, and are still waiting 1-2 seconds for a new wave of monsters to spawn. That is not a good way for anyone to train. It's different if you are unable to clear all the monsters per 5 seconds, but for those of us who are, it makes a huge difference. I'm not sure what the logical place for a Kishin increase would be... perhaps somewhere in between the two...?

Fuhreak, being a fellow F/P Mage, take Poison Nova for instance. On a non-Kished map, Nova is going to usually hit 1 wave of monsters, and at most hit 2 waves. In a Kished map, it is going to hit 2 waves minimum, possibly even 3, and Frenzy goes from 3 to possibly 4. That is a huuuuuuge amount of exp difference. Fact of the matter is, MapleStory IS SoloStory, and that is not going to change in the foreseeable future. Having single trainers sitting in a map doing nothing for 1-2 seconds each spawn is not good spawn design. This isn't even factoring in the constant events we have where accruing points = killing monsters. With the perma-kish, I was able to actually finish it in 15-20 minutes, as opposed to the 30+ it would take on a non-kished Map (disregarding the flat 10 min it takes with Frenzy...). So no, I wasn't being sarcastic, I was totally being serious that the spawn rate should be increased from what it is.

Spawn rate is closer to 7 seconds, not 5. Kishin brings it down to about 3.5. From my own personal testing anyway.
    I honestly like the 1-2 second of wait for a new wave. It means I can easily distract myself with other things.
    I've played games that had 30 seconds of downtime between waves and let me tell you, it was comfy.

Sure, I see the reasoning behind increased spawn rates. I just don't agree with it. MapleStory is already easy enough in my eyes.
    If we want higher EXP rates, it should be because we're fighting stronger monsters.
    Not because we just increase the spawn rate of mobs that already die too easily.
    I think the only way EXP should be allowed to be earned faster is via party play. Not 2PCs, not with some item that's broken as hell.
    But by actually playing with other players. SoloStory is a thing, but it doesn't have to be.

As far as the sarcasm remark, it was aimed at Aggraphine.
    I support the idea of removing all spawn increases and was saying to be careful, otherwise Nexon might think there are two nuts who agree with that

• JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Actually it's not such a bad idea in the original post.

Except this is the way it would have to work:

Sunny sunday (or other 1 day event) everyone is able to receive a 24 hour furry totem.

And naturally nexon would have to want to do this.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »

As far as the sarcasm remark, it was aimed at Aggraphine.
    I support the idea of removing all spawn increases and was saying to be careful, otherwise Nexon might think there are two nuts who agree with that

It would be interesting if casting kishin/frenzy/furry made future spawns have increased hp/exp/drop rate.

Tuning would be up to nexon of course but if we are to believe the servers are stressed by too many mobs spawning/dieing maybe this alternative approach could work?

And since there's no harm in throwing out crazy ideas - maybe with the increased hp/exp/drop model multiple kishin/frenzy could stack to support party play, or otherwise have the amount of increase be configurable.
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    It would be interesting if casting kishin/frenzy/furry made future spawns have increased hp/exp/drop rate.

Tuning would be up to nexon of course but if we are to believe the servers are stressed by too many mobs spawning/dieing maybe this alternative approach could work?

And since there's no harm in throwing out crazy ideas - maybe with the increased hp/exp/drop model multiple kishin/frenzy could stack to support party play, or otherwise have the amount of increase be configurable.

I'd love to see this on instanced party maps. Maps designed to be more dangerous with more people inside, but give increased reward.
    Imagine if every mob turned into an elite mob with a multiplier on stats at 6 people. (Without elite drops, of course.)