[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Aran swing/glide bug report

poopiedoodlepoopiedoodle
Reactions: 100
in Bug Reporting
Good evening,

I've noticed recently that there is a glitch with Aran's smash swing skill that has come about with either the 6/21 or the more recent 6/24 patch.

There are two issues with this skill that I've noticed:
1) The smash swing skill is supposed to give a final damage boost for a few seconds after being used. This short buff is supposed to be renewed every time swing is used again, even if the existing buff had not expired. However, the buff no longer renews mid duration and can only be activated again after having been fully expired.
2) Smash swing, when used to hit a mob midair, is supposed to activate a "glide" effect that is similar to that of Demon Avenger. The glide effect is no longer activated when the final damage boost from smash swing is active.

The buff-renewal/glide features of smash swing are critical to Aran's bossing and farming abilities. Furthermore, these glitches, although minor individually, synergize to create bigger problems. Please fix them as soon as possible. Thank you.

Best,

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited June 2019
    1.) Looking at past videos, the 4 second cooldown between applying smash swing buff was also present.
    Looking at this video of an Aran in KMS (the video at the time of posting is 4 months of patches ahead of GMS), the 4 second cooldown is also there. (time stamp: 1:18)

Looking further back (almost 2 years ago), it still doesn't refresh until after the 4 second cooldown. (time stamp: 0:45)

Also this video of GMS a year ago, buff did not refresh due to the 4 second cool down. (time stamp: 1:51)

2.) I have no problem activating and maintaining the glide effect while the the smash swing buff is active.