[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Classic Maple Server suggestion

LancerZeroLancerZero
Reactions: 340
edited June 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I know this is not a new suggestion but I figure it merits further discussion. Nexon should only have 3 servers moving forward, Scania (normal all worlds merged), Reboot and Classic Maple.

Classic Maple is based on v83 Before Big Bang also
known as the Golden Age of Maple. Now there are going to be some adjustments and QoL changes as old Maple was never perfect.

- Only original classes are playable, Explorers only
- Level cap is 200
- EXP rate is x4, Meso is x4 Drop rate is x2
- No P2W elements
- All Classic Cosmetics are permanent
- New Hair and Faces are available if you are VIP ($9.99/month) You get an allotment of NX and VIP only cosmetics
- Full catalog of cosmetics all the time
- Gachapon is present but you have to be Level 50 and can get tickets from monsters/bosses and quests as a reward
- Hyper teleport rock is free for VIP but in Henesy store for mesos
- ITCG is like in current Maple, exchange badged for crafting materials
- Zakum/HT/Bosses are tweaked so no HP washing
- Classes get their original skills and animations
- 4th job is modified to be less RNG. You still do quests to unlock new skills
- Hyper skills are present as well
Yoongi

Comments

• FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2019
    Old Maple
    - Do not create threads pertaining to Old Maple Servers, Legacy Server, Pre-Big Bang Servers, etc. You can talk about previous verions of MapleStory for memories and nostalgia's sake, but discussions surrounding starting up new services or servers are not allowed.

It is against the rules to suggest this. Regardless, Nexon has enough trouble running the current version of the game.
    I don't think we really need another version of the game that Nexon has to manage.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Old Maple
    - Do not create threads pertaining to Old Maple Servers, Legacy Server, Pre-Big Bang Servers, etc. You can talk about previous verions of MapleStory for memories and nostalgia's sake, but discussions surrounding starting up new services or servers are not allowed.

It is against the rules to suggest this. Regardless, Nexon has enough trouble running the current version of the game.
    I don't think we really need another version of the game that Nexon has to manage.

On top of this, they already have plans in place for the world merges later this summer.
This discussion has been closed.