[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game is barely running properly on Win7-2GB RAM

GoldAdventurerGoldAdventurer
Reactions: 2,645
Member, Private Tester
edited June 2019 in Tech Support
Hello there,

I would like to note that recently the game is barely working properly on my Win7 32 bit and it's an old PC which I have 2GB RAM on it.
This makes me really sad that the game requires lots of memory (1.5GB RAM or more) to run properly.
It starts to be greatly slow when I reach to the world selection screen, slower when I reach to character selection screen
and even slower when I fully logged into the game with a certain character (and game client freezes quite often or crash and barely being able to do some basic actions such as opening windows, moving to different maps and more)...

I cannot understand why a game like MapleStory should use lots of memory.. for what reason??
In past years, the game was probably being loaded slowly but I was able to play it, not like as it's today...

I'm not sure if it's either new graphical features that the game includes or because there are lots of content and the files' size is very high (almost 15GB)!

I feels that things are going wrong and not good at all... Since last year (during Ark update) I feel that the CPU usage for game was increased, too.
I'm not sure if running some new graphic's technology which may require the game to use more CPU and RAM is a good idea at all and for sure...
This may cause the minimum system requirements to be greatly increased, although lots of new PCs sold today are cheaper and performances are greatly better...

luna02

Comments

• luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,255
    edited July 2019
    Hello there,

I would like to note that recently the game is barely working properly on my Win7 32 bit and it's an old PC which I have 2GB RAM on it.
    This makes me really sad that the game requires lots of memory (1.5GB RAM or more) to run properly.
    It starts to be greatly slow when I reach to the world selection screen, slower when I reach to character selection screen
    and even slower when I fully logged into the game with a certain character (and game client freezes quite often or crash and barely being able to do some basic actions such as opening windows, moving to different maps and more)...

I cannot understand why a game like MapleStory should use lots of memory.. for what reason??
    In past years, the game was probably being loaded slowly but I was able to play it, not like as it's today...

I'm not sure if it's either new graphical features that the game includes or because there are lots of content and the files' size is very high (almost 15GB)!

I feels that things are going wrong and not good at all... Since last year (during Ark update) I feel that the CPU usage for game was increased, too.
    I'm not sure if running some new graphic's technology which may require the game to use more CPU and RAM is a good idea at all and for sure...
    This may cause the minimum system requirements to be greatly increased, although lots of new PCs sold today are cheaper and performances are greatly better...

increible no ? but all the world in this game known this problem and the staff too , but ...
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2019
    your OS and computer its quite old in fact you will need update by the end of year (jan.14.2020)
    you are lucky to even be able to run MS with 2gb ram where 60-70% its used by your OS and other background app
    all new computers comes with 4GB as minimum (you will most like find 8GB+ as minimum this days )
    also maplestory its more on disk speed and CPU hungry (maplestory growing each month and lots of trash its keept and not used)