[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

About the Brawlosseum Rankings...

fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
Reactions: 1,465
edited July 2019 in General Chat
As far as I'm aware, top 5% get the Azure Sunset Sword, right? What I don't get, is that currently, the ranking numbers are assigned once per person. Does that mean it's not really a % and more of a competitive rank? EDIT: Whoops, looks like it is % based. If so, I'm out, I can't deal being the top 5 or 10 for 20 days, that's too high a number for being competitive for a dinky cs sword. It wasn't like this with the Invincible Katara. Oh wait, I still can't do it, if only it was top 20% or something.

Screw all of that, with the combination of lines and damage, and no point cap, the top scorers can top 100k+ (or so I'm told). I just witnessed someone get 40k despite being ping ponged around too. Forget anything skill-based, this is basically free hand outs to all the damage whales out there. I wouldn't be so sore about if it didn't have a veneer of competitiveness, as in equal opportunity involved. Anyways, this post is for anyone who might think "maybe I can reach it", to which the obvious answer for me would be "no".
TetrisWowWONDERGUY

Comments

• AIlyAIly
    Reactions: 410
    edited July 2019
    It isn't based on dmg. Low levels with crappy gear are beating out full arcane people. It's about the lines you do on bosses and amount of mobs you kills. certain classes obviously have a benefit.
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited July 2019
    Yea, certain classes get a fullblown advantage. My class only has one skill that puts out lines, and if I don't gain the lead early on, I never turn around for a win.
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2019
    how many are going to be l2jlk2jkvh2jkhv2lkvh?

name & shame disclaimer
    the post, name, characters, and incidents portrayed in this post are fictitious. No identification with actual persons (living or deceased), places, buildings, and products is intended or should be inferred.
    TetrisWow
  • JezJez
    Reactions: 1,600
    edited July 2019
    bad event, please remove
  • killtezkilltez
    Reactions: 600
    edited July 2019
    Yep, from my experience it is 100% based on what class you play, meaning some classes have nearly no chance of getting high ranks (unless of course they're abusing the system).
  • AIlyAIly
    Reactions: 410
    edited July 2019
    There is also skill involved to but yes you do need some range to a point and some classes have an advantage but im the only one of my class in top 5%
  • TetrisWowTetrisWow
    Reactions: 500
    edited July 2019
    the only skill related stuff in Brawlosseum is how good you are at mobbing with your class, granted if you even had any good AOE skills for your class to begin with and if you were able to one shot every monster but the boss, since the boss is just another damage dummy. Any way lets say you have low damage, but enough just to one shot and you're some how out mobbing a guy with 1bil+ lines and then moments later the boss appears(you know the one you cant really kill) and yep you've guessed it the guy that just hit the boss a few times with those 1 bil+ lines now just shot up to first place because the amount of points you get is solely up to how much you kill and how much damage you did to the boss(yes damage dealt = points because its a boss that doesn't die). Not to mention that if you can cap att speed it doesn't mean **** because attack speed becomes fixed in Brawlosseum. along with this if you get queued with someone out of your level range it averages the monsters level which might be good but mainly bad assuming now you can kill monsters... not that it really matters because when the boss spawns the guy with the high damage with out pace you in points.

welp might as well just send the cash weapon to every top whale on the server and just to make it clear I'm not hating on P2W players, but how stupid and unfair Brawlosseum is and how the competition is already decided to a fixed group of people. In short this mini game isn't meant for everyone and for that fact brawlosseum should be renamed to "Yay IT's KS FEST to FinaLLy TakE Our STReSS for not beINg able to KS"

if im wrong about the damage portion to the boss it really doesnt matter because if your lines were apart of the case its still stupid