[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

Nexon, pls buff Phantom

Comments

• DesireDriveDesireDrive
    Reactions: 830
    edited July 2019
    UserRed wrote: »
    I mean Phantom's whole shtick is stealing Explorer skills, so I guess to compensate for the potential power of Explorer skills they made Phantom a bit weaker. I could vouch for more skill steal slots though just for more freedom of choice.

Yes, Phantom's whole "shtick" is the skill steal. But you have to realize from what I have stated before in one of my paragraphs, (I don't know if you have read them). What makes Phantom terrible is that he is losing the essence of what makes him Phantom. When your character swapping different skills have a 30 second CD that renders his skill swapping capability in battle, it means that Phantom would have to set up the skill set before the battle begins. Even if you added infinite skill steal slots, you wouldn't have the capability to use them in a single battle, its still restricted to the same 5 skills stolen 1 from each job. Since Phantom has his own main damage skills, stealing another job's main active skill is pointless, meaning you would only be stealing buff skills, aka restricting his skill stealing picks again. This ultimately brings Phantom down to stealing 1 or 2 skills that are considered the current "meta" pick and always use them. The result from this is just a Thief Explorer with terrible main damage attack skill but with different explorer buffs.
    What I'm also trying to understand from what you have said, maybe you meant to add more skill slot in the active skill section for Phantom, this way you get to use more skills from a single stolen job branch. But see the thing is, if you are capable of stealing another explorer's main damage skill along with its best buff skill and use them along side, what is the point of Phantom having his own main damage skills then? For example, if the current meta is "Hero" having the best active damage skill and buffs, I'm just going to steal both skills and use them like another Hero. So ummm, are you now playing Phantom or Hero? This also brings down another problem which is tiering problem; having Phantom this versatile means whichever explorer is the best dps at the moment, Phantom would be right beside that explorer in terms of his own dps, since now you're just a character who can basically low-key swap classes amongst the Explorer classes. So who the hell would want to play a single Explorer class when you can be Phantom, and become ALL explorer classes?

And thank you at the very end for the only normal response to this post, probably because you only read the title and not the 4000 word essay I've wrong along the way. Which is ok I guess, since you're only forming your own opinion in terms of the title of this forum.
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    You know I really wanted to continue this conversation but when I got to the bottom and saw, u r gay, that's when I said well you aren't worth anyone's time.
  • DesireDriveDesireDrive
    Reactions: 830
    edited July 2019
    L4d2jpn wrote: »
    You know I really wanted to continue this conversation but when I got to the bottom and saw, u r gay, that's when I said well you aren't worth anyone's time.

Good excuse dodge, you got to the bottom because you didn't even read the first sentence I bet.
    "Oh darn, someone wrote alot of words and I have 0 tolerance of reading since I failed at school, I must look at the most visual thing in the post... Oh damn he called someone gae, time to think of the best come back to dodge this like a pro."

Not even surprised since you're not the first one that plays this kind of one trick pony on me.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    Do you actually think you can sit there and throw around insults and not have people look down on you and your entire thread for it? Should I call people retarded if I ever post a suggestion that they don't agree with? Should I go dredge up my old thread about increasing global mob spawn rates and removing the effect from kishin and frenzy totem and call everyone who didn't agree with me gay?

I wonder if you'll ever realize that insulting people is the fastest way to lose supporters for an idea, or if it'll take getting your thread locked to get the point across. Whatever point you think you had at the beginning of this thread has become more or less invalid, since your go-to response to people who don't agree with every letter you type is to insult and belittle them. I've been where you are, friend, it's not a good look.
This discussion has been closed.