[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Unable to purchase Maple Points

SothebysSuckSothebysSuck
Reactions: 300
in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Game feature not working

Brief bug summary: Unable to purchase an item from the Cash Shop

More details: I'm unable to purchase Maple Points with NX from the Cash Shop. I keep getting the message: "Due to an unknown error, the request for Cash Shop has failed." and then the game kicks me out of the shop. I have not yet attempted to purchase anything else with NX credit.

Steps to reproduce: Entered the Cash Shop, Added the 10k Maple Point Coupon to my cart, Chose "Buy with NX Credit", and then the error message appears.

Character name: SothebysArm

Character level: 200

Character job: Aran

World name: Windia

Date and time of the incident: July 4th, 2019, 3:18 PM EST

Thank you!

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,320
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Maple Points can only be purchased with NX Prepaid.
    SothebysSuck
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    Perhaps, then, the "unknown error" should be modified to say "you cannot purchase this with credit"?
    SothebysSuck
  • SothebysSuckSothebysSuck
    edited July 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

Huh, that's so strange. Why is that?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019

Fraud. With prepaid they more or less have the money dead to rights. With credit you could potentially buy maple points, dispute the nx charge and get your money back(even though you'd get banned six ways to Sunday if you did that). Point is, easier to restrict it to a single type than to entertain the risk of fraud.
  • SothebysSuckSothebysSuck
    edited July 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Fraud. With prepaid they more or less have the money dead to rights. With credit you could potentially buy maple points, dispute the nx charge and get your money back(even though you'd get banned six ways to Sunday if you did that). Point is, easier to restrict it to a single type than to entertain the risk of fraud.

Ahh I understand, thank you!