[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Hackers Of Course

UpsilonGreenUpsilonGreen
Reactions: 630
edited July 2019 in Rants and Raves
I am getting really sick of the hackers in the gamer, particularly the Kanna hackers (and to a lesser extent the Blaze Wizards).

Why can't something be done about this? Should have just banned Kanna completely.

Why, why, why?

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/categories/announcements

You act like they just let bots roam freely. Are you familiar with the term "war of attrition"? Because that's what dealing with bots is like.

Also, bots have shifted gradually, over time. They used to be demon slayers, then blaze wizards, blasters for a short time as well as dual blades, before finally settling on kanna. In due time, things will be patched to where kanna is no longer viable for bots to make use of. Until then, the current state of things.
  • нσяιƶεηнσяιƶεη
    Reactions: 655
    edited July 2019
    Oh, so that’s what it was. I think I ran into one of them before then, they were just standing directly on top of each of the mobs until they killed it, moving on to the next- rinse and repeat. I’m actually not sure if it was one person or many, it looked like there were 5+ people stacked on top of each other but they were doing the exact same movements so I thought it was either an ability or a bug. They ended up fighting the black knight looking boss guy and dying. Turns out it was multiple characters (saw from their gravestones) but they stayed dead for a solid 20 minutes or so. Figured the guy raged or whatever but after reading this, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a bot.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    Oh, so that’s what it was. I think I ran into one of them before then, they were just standing directly on top of each of the mobs until they killed it, moving on to the next- rinse and repeat. I’m actually not sure if it was one person or many, it looked like there were 5+ people stacked on top of each other but they were doing the exact same movements so I thought it was either an ability or a bug. They ended up fighting the black knight looking boss guy and dying. Turns out it was multiple characters (saw from their gravestones) but they stayed dead for a solid 20 minutes or so. Figured the guy raged or whatever but after reading this, I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a bot.

That was multiple bots, actually. There was a time, in the ellin forest theme dungeon, I was working through the quests and ended up having an elite boss spawn on me. No less than 20 kannas popped into the map almost immediately. If you see multiple characters all one on top of the other and moving as one, they're bots.

The closest legit thing you can get to what you've described is the theif skill shadow partner. But it's beyond apparent the difference between shadow partner and wholly separate characters.