[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mushroom Shrine Tales Cutscene Not Triggered

maplefreak2maplefreak2
Reactions: 1,230
edited July 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type:
Functionality / Quest

Brief bug summary:
After completing the quest objective where you protect Ibaraki and Kamaitachi, the cutscene doesn't trigger unless you leave the map and reenter.

More details:
After defeating all the Oni the quest required me to do, nothing happened. I had to leave the map and reenter before the cutscene could trigger. I did AFK for a couple of minutes while this quest objective was active to head outside (in the real world) to get something, so that may have been a factor (although it gave me 30 minutes to complete this objective).

Steps to reproduce:
(I don't know if these steps make this bug reproducible 100% of the time, this is just what I did at the time the bug happened)
1. Reach the part of the story where your objective is to "Protect Ibaraki and Kamaitachi by defeating the Oni." (should be displayed as a green message)
2. Kill a couple of the Oni without killing 10 of either Crazed, Berserk, or Suspicious.
3. Wait about 4~5 minutes near the portal at the upper right of the map.
4. Finish the quest and you'll notice that nothing happens afterwards.
5. Leave the map.
6. Re-enter
7. You should get the "Protect Ibaraki .... the Oni." message again and you'll then get warped multiple times before the cutscene will actually begin.

Character name:
Rugox

Character level:

Character job:
Pathfinder

World name:
Reboot

Date and time of the incident:
Roughly July 4th 8pm Pacific