[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Some Suggestions Here and There.

UpsilonGreenUpsilonGreen
Reactions: 630
edited July 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
1. Remove the arrow key input thing that's needed for mining/harvesting. It's very annoying when it keeps getting in the way and increasing the time spent doing these things, especially when the arrow inputs make you point the other way and cancel the mining/harvesting altogether. Is there a reason for it to be there?

2. Increase the level cap for traits, either to mirror the level of the character, or all the way to 999 or something. It would give everyone another thing to do, and would help to give bonus stats and stuff to make characters stronger.

3. Increase daily exp cap for traits from 500 to 1000. This is to tie in with increasing the level limit. It would be overpowered to have 1000 exp limit per day in the early stages of leveling up your traits, so maybe this exp limit boost could be granted at level 200, or when your trait levels reach lv100.

4. Revamp rewards from traits to better help characters, like giving weapon attack/magic attack, dodge rate, avoid, STR, DEX, INT, LUK, Crit rate, Crit bonus, Boss damage etc. Could be either given as % or as a number, like Willpower gives 100HP every 5 levels, so maybe this could either stay the same or change to be 1% HP boost instead.

5. Give cash shop clothing (fixed or random equips) as rewards for certain things, like hitting level 200, or defeating a powerful boss. I would say giving them out for increasing your traits would be very nice, like you get an invisible cape or something for hitting lv50 ambition or something like that. I know there needs to be a limit so that people aren't getting tons of nx clothing easily, so such limits need to be set, maybe like getting 1 nx clothing equip per boss defeated (magnus, lotus etc) or something.

6. Allow characters to use professions to create cs clothing equipment, even hair coupons etc. Would be very nice to have such an option, or maybe buy them for mesos.

7. Allow Link Skills to be given/taken to/from characters from the character select screen so you don't need to log into each one and apply them one by one, cause that is unconditionally not fun.

8. Add in more Silent Crusade quests for levels 160 to 200, maybe add more rewards to the shop.

9. Add dimensional mirrors and Free market entrances to ALL towns in the game. Like really. Should have been done ages ago, but nexon.

10. A Cash shop items that change the colour of skills? Probably too hard to implement?

11. Give hair/face/skin/colour coupons when characters reach certain levels (100,150,200,250 or something like that).

12. All character creation has all hair colour options, at least 5 hair/face style choices, all skin colour choices, maybe some nx clothing as well.

13. Reduce the size of the exp bar to match the HP/MP bars. I would really love this one. Seeing how big the bar is and watching fill up ever so slowly can put some people off (just a thought), but making it smaller would be less tedious maybe.

14. Add more items to the Mu Lung dojo shop. Only thing I can suggest is cash shop clothing.

I made a poll, too. But can I change to enable people to choose more than 1 option? If not, vote on your most preferred change/
  1. What changes/additions from my list would you like to see in Maple?4 votes
    1. Remove arrow key inputs for mining/harvesting
       25% (1 vote)
    2. Increase level cap for traits
       0% (0 votes)
    3. Increase daily exp cap for traits
       0% (0 votes)
    4. Revamp rewards from traits
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Give CS clothing rewards from leveling/bosses/etc
       0% (0 votes)
    6. Use Professions to make CS clothing items
       25% (1 vote)
    7. Allow Link Skills to be assinged from the Character Select Screen
       0% (0 votes)
    8. Add more Silent Crusade Quests lv160-200, more shop rewards
       0% (0 votes)
    9. Dimensional Mirrior/Free Market Entrance in ALL towns
       25% (1 vote)
    10. CS item to change the colour of skills
       0% (0 votes)
    11. Free Hair/face/skin/colour coupons for certain things like levels/bosses etc
       0% (0 votes)
    12. All character creation has all skin/hair colours, additional hair styles/faces, maybe CS clothing
       0% (0 votes)
    13. Reduce the size of the exp bar to match the HP/MP bars
       0% (0 votes)
    14. Add more items to the Mu Lung Dojo shop
       25% (1 vote)

Comments

• fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited July 2019
    I don't think inflating numbers on traits is a good idea. It's just more unnecessary grind. That being said, I understand your desire in wanting to make traits more impactful. Maybe have certain content be restricted until you have a certain trait level? There's already quests that you can only do with traits, mostly just for the trait medals, but I liked getting the free CS emotes. Maybe have equips restricted by certain traits? Some equips are restricted by fame, but that was quickly abandoned. Maybe have a unique skill as a reward? Discounts on prices for charm, less boss cd after entry for a high level in ambition...There's a lot they can do.

I agree with adding more a more varied reward pool when completing content. Nexon just slaps medals or titles as basic rewards after a long questline, expanding that reward list would give more reason to do more content. They don't even have to be CS items, they can just be regular non-BIS equip items that look neat, or use/etc/set-up items with unique functions. For example, I collect some Tower of Oz rings, because I like some of the effects despite their use being incredibly niche. CWK had a set-up item that lets you travel through the maps easier once you finish a certain questline, since those maps all are unteleportable.

Updating old shop lists seems like a given. They've made it in a way that they should be doing that more often, but they don't for some reason. Adding or removing items is one thing, but they don't even change prices of things as the game goes on as regularly as they should. For example, why would anyone do Kritias now to get Tyrant Gloves? The price should be drastically lowered with the availability of Abso Gloves and it's possibility of 25 star enhancement. Practically no one is doing Kritias, they've made dead content that could be renewed, and it's just sitting there taking space. They could do it, they've made Sweetwater weapons incredibly easier to get in response to 25 stars (in Reboot), I can't see why they can't change things to suit the current state of the game again.

Anyways, a suggestion I sorely think that's needed that's not too out there is FINALLY IMPROVING THE GUILD SYSTEM. I get it, they don't want the game to be party-centric, but guilds are one of the last places to feel like a community with other people. They don't even have to add anything party-centric. I just find that there is sparse use for GP after getting all the guild skills, I don't even use the active guild skills at all. There's a leaderboard for guilds with top GP accumulation but it's really superficial. Maybe have the fastest time in GPQ every month grants access to an hour open shop that sells stuff for GP.

In the end, I noticed that these type of changes that would make a great permanent fixture to the game is usually reserved as temporary buffs for events. For example, they made PQ's relevant right now only because of the step-up event, or when they rewarded players doing it for a stack of rainbow slime cube chair a while back. I keep saying this, but in the Black Mage event last year, they made event skills that were extremely rewarding (like getting two boxes instead of one after every one run of tower of oz) that would have been lovely if it were adapted as a new tier of guild skills but they didn't. I know they have to limit player power but even adding novelty and variety can greatly enrich the game.
    UpsilonGreen
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Most of your suggestions are about free or crafted NX covers and cosmetic coupons. You can get them "free" already with meso market and various events.
    1. Remove the arrow key input thing that's needed for mining/harvesting. It's very annoying when it keeps getting in the way and increasing the time spent doing these things, especially when the arrow inputs make you point the other way and cancel the mining/harvesting altogether. Is there a reason for it to be there?
    It was implemented for mining/harvesting because people would afk macro harvest the same herb/mineral over and over. It was for the same reason that the spawn pattern is now mostly random in the ardent farm.
    7. Allow Link Skills to be given/taken to/from characters from the character select screen so you don't need to log into each one and apply them one by one, cause that is unconditionally not fun.
    That hasn't been a thing for a very long time. You can assign any links you want when logged onto the character that you want them on. There's no reason to add a menu onto the character selection screen. Even if you wanted to get it over with before logging on a new character, you can't assign links to characters below level 10 anyway.
    9. Add dimensional mirrors and Free market entrances to ALL towns in the game. Like really. Should have been done ages ago, but nexon.
    What do you define as a town? Cause there are many in-between quest areas and theme dungeons. Most such areas have basic NPCs but no storage and aren't big enough to be considered a hub where you'd see FM and dimensional mirrors. You can get to the Freemarket via Ardentmill teleport also if you absolutely need to.
    13. Reduce the size of the exp bar to match the HP/MP bars. I would really love this one. Seeing how big the bar is and watching fill up ever so slowly can put some people off (just a thought), but making it smaller would be less tedious maybe.
    This is what most MMO's have nowadays. With a bigger bar you can actually see the smallest progress clearer than with a compact one that won't budge as easily. It also has dividers for every 10% to give you small goals to aim for.
    Fuhreak