[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Flames from bosses and elites drop less often?

darikdarik
Reactions: 3,270
edited July 2019 in General Chat
So i came back after a 3 month break more or less and after doing some dailies and elites a few days ive noticed they barely drop flames anymore, some time ago they used to drop more often, did it got nerfed?
And if thats the case, why nexon? Could we revert it? It was nice to get flames from something everyone is able to do( bossing and killing elite mobs)

Comments

• StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited July 2019
    Yeah, I think everyone's noticed this by now. A lot of people said it was just our imaginations, but I don't think there was much doubt after this much time. There was a mention in a post a while back about them 'looking into it', but I don't recall them ever confirming the issue. When they did the patch, they mostly used the code from KMS, and the drop rate for flames and the like is much lower, and while they recently buffed the drops in Korea, their buffed rate was significantly less than the GMS rate. Whether Nexon intends to "fix" this issue I couldn't say. It's funny because it wasn't that long ago when Nexon had boosted our rates prior to the patch (a few months ago, six at the most). Then came the patch and our drop rate is significantly nerfed just months after it being significantly buffed.

That's the way of things I expect. This entire patch has been very rough in terms of execution, communication, reception, and restitution (for all the down time, errors, mistakes and lost time).

I guess at this point we just wait and see what happens.
    darikFuhreak
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited July 2019
    Yeah, I think everyone's noticed this by now. A lot of people said it was just our imaginations, but I don't think there was much doubt after this much time. There was a mention in a post a while back about them 'looking into it', but I don't recall them ever confirming the issue. When they did the patch, they mostly used the code from KMS, and the drop rate for flames and the like is much lower, and while they recently buffed the drops in Korea, their buffed rate was significantly less than the GMS rate. Whether Nexon intends to "fix" this issue I couldn't say. It's funny because it wasn't that long ago when Nexon had boosted our rates prior to the patch (a few months ago, six at the most). Then came the patch and our drop rate is significantly nerfed just months after it being significantly buffed.

That's the way of things I expect. This entire patch has been very rough in terms of execution, communication, reception, and restitution (for all the down time, errors, mistakes and lost time).

I guess at this point we just wait and see what happens.

I see, thank you for the info, lets hope it gets fixed soon!
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Yup, that was my post that brought this up, and I was, indeed, 100% correct about the drop rate being nerfed. This is the bs response that we were given in one of the Maple memos:

SavageAce wrote:
    Decreased Cubic Blade, Cubic Chaos Blade, and Flame drops
    In our patch notes, we mentioned that the Cubic Blade and Cubic Chaos Blade drop rates were increased. However, we realize the wording of this change may have been incorrect. The change we intended to make was to increase the total amount of Cubic Blade, Cubic Chaos Blade, Unrelenting Flame, and Forever Unrelenting Flame drops. However, we discovered an issue in which this change was not being applied during certain times of the day. We made a change in yesterday’s June 20 maintenance so that these increased drops will be applied more evenly throughout the day. We will amend our patch notes to clarify this change.

So my question is what the hell does that mean...? There are certain times of the day where elites are actually going to drop stuff...? From my experience, the drop rate for these items has gone up only slightly. It went from about a ~15% drop rate to about a ~40% drop rate, compared to the ~95% drop rate from before. They did no such amendment to the patch notes, and really did not explain anything at all, just gave more wishy-washy non-committal rhetoric. I want to know what the drop tables were changed to, what the times of the day are that the items are supposedly going to drop more, etc. Nexon is about as transparent as a brick wall. =/
    darikShokunKaYo
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Mira wrote: »
    Nexon is about as transparent as a brick wall. =/

With one brick removed that you can see through, called memos.
    Sadly there's a guard that stands watch over what is visible through that hole.

I'm fine with drops being rare and all, but these things shouldn't have more rarity than symbols.
    Since that patch has gone live I've found 3 symbols and maybe 2 flames.
    RNG will be RNG, but such a low rate isn't good for an item that is also just more RNG.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Mira wrote: »
    Nexon is about as transparent as a brick wall. =/

With one brick removed that you can see through, called memos.
    Sadly there's a guard that stands watch over what is visible through that hole.

qt39NpI.png
    MiraFuhreakdarik
  • SoloPartySoloParty
    Reactions: 820
    edited July 2019
    Yeah boss flame drop rates are definitely much lower, powerful flames were common drop and rebirth flames were rare now, powerful flames are rare and rebirth flames are a myth.
    I almost all daily bosses on 3 characters with drop gear and spider
    Only exception is madman ranmaru who still has "familiar" drop rate to before patch. The current situation feels very familiar to flame drop rates when they were first released. They increased drop rates to a reasonable level for a long time but now it seems like were back to square one. If such changes are to be made they should at least be transparent about it. I really hope its just and accident/ oversight on their part that once made aware they will fix it.
    darik