[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Some Fury Totem Suggestions

ResetReset
Reactions: 1,485
edited August 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I'm aware Fury totem is meant for casuals and RP is easy to get, but I think extending availability options a bit more and having more durations available would help casuals and the players who are not so casual but not hardcore neither.

1. Make a few Fury totem versions. Offering other fury totems that are 1 hour duration and 4 hour duration alongside the 2 hour current one that way you can pick whichever you choose to dedicate yourself to in the moment. A quick grind or a long one.

2. Maybe could introduce a new event-only item that acts like the Magic Hourglass and could be used only on the Fury totem to extend its life up to a certain amount, probably only up to twice its duration. I think this would help the not so casuals a lot.

3. Whenever you use a Fury totem voucher, it could give you a totem fragment in your Use tab, like when you used red/black/etc cubes in non-Reboot then double click to receive a bonus. The way it would work would be if you get 5 fragments you could get one Fury totem with it. Just to provide something a little extra to those who use Fury totems.

If anything I really like the 2nd and 3rd suggestions the most. It seems like the best ones and ones that would work the best as a feature.
darikKuronekonova

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Reward points are easy to get? Sure, in quantities of no more than 50 per instance. Now tell me how many times you have to add 50 together to get to 2000. And if you want to use all 15 of them in a month? Tell me how many times 50 goes into 30,000.

All of your suggestions are absolutely meaningless. The only thing they need to do is increase its duration to a week to solve the whole "two pc meta" problem. But if players felt they no longer had to log their main as well as a kanna mule to be as efficient as possible, then that would hurt nexon's CCU metrics and they can't be having any of that. So 30 hours of jerry rigged kishin is all you get.

What most people find unpalatable about the whole thing is that nexon introduced it and promoted it on their twitch stream as being some wonderful utility item that would make people less reliant on kanna mules. They touted it as a utility item, yet released it as a luxury item. It has scant availability and the cost vs duration is borderline insulting to anyone 220 or higher. They may not have explicitly said it was meant to fix two-pc meta, but they damn sure implied the hell out of it.

I'm not trying to attack you personally, I just despise the very existence of this fury totem and wish I could slap whoever was involved in it existing in its current state.
  • ResetReset
    Reactions: 1,485
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Reward points are easy to get? Sure, in quantities of no more than 50 per instance. Now tell me how many times you have to add 50 together to get to 2000. And if you want to use all 15 of them in a month? Tell me how many times 50 goes into 30,000.

All of your suggestions are absolutely meaningless. The only thing they need to do is increase its duration to a week to solve the whole "two pc meta" problem. But if players felt they no longer had to log their main as well as a kanna mule to be as efficient as possible, then that would hurt nexon's CCU metrics and they can't be having any of that. So 30 hours of jerry rigged kishin is all you get.

What most people find unpalatable about the whole thing is that nexon introduced it and promoted it on their twitch stream as being some wonderful utility item that would make people less reliant on kanna mules. They touted it as a utility item, yet released it as a luxury item. It has scant availability and the cost vs duration is borderline insulting to anyone 220 or higher. They may not have explicitly said it was meant to fix two-pc meta, but they damn sure implied the hell out of it.

I'm not trying to attack you personally, I just despise the very existence of this fury totem and wish I could slap whoever was involved in it existing in its current state.

No worries, you're good. I see what you mean and I agree actually. I just figured they wouldn't want to just extend the duration that much because then it would make kishin "useless and that's unfair to kannas". Even though most kanna mains only use their kishin on themselves, unless being nice for someone and offering kishin.

Kanna mains don't party with someone to grind unless they're actually a kishin mule, which that kishin mule was only created in the first place because of the 2 pc meta. So they can't just say it would be unfair to kanna and hurt her in "grinding parties" which aren't really a thing. I get some kanna mains do get leeched but they're few and far between. There is way less incentive to party as a kanna now that she is stronger.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2019
    Reset wrote: »
    Kanna mains don't party with someone to grind unless they're actually a kishin mule, which that kishin mule was only created in the first place because of the 2 pc meta. So they can't just say it would be unfair to kanna and hurt her in "grinding parties" which aren't really a thing. I get some kanna mains do get leeched but they're few and far between. There is way less incentive to party as a kanna now that she is stronger.

As a second main Kanna...I offer my kish if I am grinding and someone is doing a daily/prequest who want to get drops for the map I am in :T Not all Kanna mains are gonna hoard their Kishin. Heck, I know a few Kanna mains who would share kish if they are busy doing something else, and they won't ask for leech. This statement also confuses the previous statement about Kanna mains.

As far as the topic of the thread is...I agree with Aggraphine that Fury as it stands needs a much higher duration for its current price. Even though i make 500 RP a day through Maple M...that is still the equivalent of 4 days worth of grinding for RP. I would love a chance at a permanent Fury, even if it was low (I.E Maplehood Watch Gacha) or just some way to make Fury feel...worthwhile.

Unfortunately 4 hour duration really still doesn't feel like enough for the price.
    The voucher idea isn't bad but perhaps allow it to exchange to higher duration furies and possibly if you collect say...100 something tokens? get a permanent Fury or something.

Overall I think they need to make permanent Fury, albeit rare like its Frenzy counterpart...available through non-p2w means. That's what Nexon seemed to tout the Fury totem as...