[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Inactive ign's after 28th august merge

yonut32yonut32
Reactions: 640
edited August 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello, i would like to suggest to reset/delete all of inactive ign's on merge servers...im trying to get 1 ign and i found it as level 1 on Kanna (NO CLASS so without even first job) server : Kradia.

There is no reason to keep an inactive ign if u are not going to use it anytime soon.

I'm talking about only for Elysium and Aurora.
  1. Reset ign's on new servers6 votes
    1. YES
       33% (2 votes)
    2. NO
       67% (4 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    IGNs are region-wide. If someone has the name on Bera, you can't use that same name in Kradia.
    As such, I don't see how the world merge is a justification to take away people's IGNs by some arbitrary criterion of "inactivity".
    darik
  • yonut32yonut32
    edited August 2019
    i know that ign's are region-wide but there are a lot of ign's stuck on dead worlds... as i said "my target" is at least for new servers only.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2019
    yonut32 wrote: »
    i know that ign's are region-wide but there are a lot of ign's stuck on dead worlds... as i said "my target" is at least for new servers only.

Name cleanses aren't a terrible idea but...ehhhhh. Honestly if they freed them up and wanna get people onto the new servers, they'd have to almost completely lock out Bera (KMS does it with their Luna Server and Scania)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    I feel I should point out that the last time they purged inactive names, it was accounts, not individual characters, that hadn't logged in for about two years prior to the purge date, and they gave everyone about a month's time or so to log in even once to flag their account as being active again. There was no individual purging of character names because "oh this character has never been played on, YOINK". Your request is more or less flawed right from the start because, for all you know, that "inactive" kanna is probably on an account that sees regular, daily use. The account itself is not flagged as inactive, so it would not be subject to having its character names purged and put back into the available pool.

Am I being clear on this? Activity, or the lack thereof, is an account-based flag, not an individual-character flag. You cannot have an "inactive character" have its name wiped and put back into availability if another character on the account is active. It would only be if the entire account, across all worlds, was flagged as inactive for long enough to fall into their cutoff period
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    yonut32 wrote: »

Why is an unused IGN stuck on Kradia more deserving of a wipe than an unused IGN stuck on Scania?

Your request is basically "I want the name of that Kanna and I'll make up a scenario in which they give it to me."
  • yonut32yonut32
    edited August 2019
    I didn't knew that when there is a purge of ign's they need to be for an entire account and not per character.

i dont wanted to be rude with my post even its sound a bit selfish.