[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Getting level 60+ gear from bosses/mobs/quests?

JostabeereJostabeere
Reactions: 650
edited September 2019 in General Chat
So I am curious. How do I acquire relatively good level 60+ gear?
I checked wiki and sites like Ayumilove, Hidden-Street and mapletip. Not any of those has a reliable explanation on how do I get geat past 40, when the normal vendors stop selling them.
Are there bosses which can be fought solo and drop actually good gear? Not speaking about stuff like "lvl 60 top armor: effects +1DEX" Do I just farm mobs which are higher than level 60? Do they have drop pools or does every mob drop every piece of equipment? Are there quests which yield these gear levels?
Or is the only way to craft them?

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited September 2019
    Monsters around your level should drop equipment around your level. So mobs such as Rocky Mask, Skeledog, and Zombie Mushroom will drop any gear you need.
    You can also craft gear, but it wouldn't really be worth the effort to craft all the items you wear.

However level 60 shouldn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things. You generally only need to worry about your gear above level 100, specifically above level 140.
  • JostabeereJostabeere
    edited September 2019
    Neospector wrote: »
    Monsters around your level should drop equipment around your level. So mobs such as Rocky Mask, Skeledog, and Zombie Mushroom will drop any gear you need.
    You can also craft gear, but it wouldn't really be worth the effort to craft all the items you wear.

However level 60 shouldn't matter too much in the grand scheme of things. You generally only need to worry about your gear above level 100, specifically above level 140.

I fight monsters of my level and they drop lvl 20-30 items. What gives?
    Do I have to fight monsters 40-50 levels above me?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    Well if things around your level are dropping level 20-30 items, then I'm going to wager you're around level 20-30. Unless you'd care to go into a little finer detail about what exactly you're attempting to do and where.
  • JostabeereJostabeere
    edited September 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Well if things around your level are dropping level 20-30 items, then I'm going to wager you're around level 20-30. Unless you'd care to go into a little finer detail about what exactly you're attempting to do and where.
    I am 66 and I did the Mushroom castle dungeon. Now I'm at the excavation site grinding the lvl 60 quests. Any level 60 enemy drops level 20-30 equipment.
    Why would I ask for on-level 60+ stuff if I were 20-30?..
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited September 2019
    Ah, there's the problem. I don't know why, but the excavation site's drop tables are all wonky. If you go literally anywhere else that's around level 60, you should get the proper-level drops.

As for your "why" question, I've seen some seriously dumb things in five years. It's long since passed the point where I just ask or assume things until informed otherwise.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited September 2019
    Jostabeere wrote: »
    So I am curious. How do I acquire relatively good level 60+ gear?
    I checked wiki and sites like Ayumilove, Hidden-Street and mapletip. Not any of those has a reliable explanation on how do I get geat past 40, when the normal vendors stop selling them.
    [...]
    Do I just farm mobs which are higher than level 60? Do they have drop pools or does every mob drop every piece of equipment? Are there quests which yield these gear levels?
    Or is the only way to craft them?

You don't have to worry too much about gear until you get to 100, until then you can keep lvl50-60 gear that monsters drop without issue and change it with whatever the monsters drop. If I remember correctly most lv70 gear is gotten from Sleepywood, Orbis, or El Nath. Monsters before 100 drop gear that is around 10+ and 10- of their level, most of the time, stuff before level 100 is kinda disorganized. After 100 the sets become easier to understand and you get a new one every 10 levels.
    Are there bosses which can be fought solo and drop actually good gear? Not speaking about stuff like "lvl 60 top armor: effects +1DEX"

As for bosses if you really want to at 60 you can go fight Balrog in Sleepywood and Easy Zakum in El Nath. From Balrog you can get the Balrog Leather Boots after beating him 10 times and talking to the Suspicious Man a room before, I have no idea what these boots do. As for Zakum its Easy version has a chance to drop the Zakum Helmet which is really good all the way to 120 but it has a low drop rate and you can only beat the boss once per day. Normal Zakum also drops the helm almost guaranteed but its unlocked at level 90 and you need to learn his pattern really well to beat him before your 4th job.
    I am 66 and I did the Mushroom castle dungeon. Now I'm at the excavation site grinding the lvl 60 quests. Any level 60 enemy drops level 20-30 equipment.
    Why would I ask for on-level 60+ stuff if I were 20-30?..

I believe that's because those monsters used to be lower level a long time ago, but their gear drops were never updated, I might be wrong.
  • pepepepe
    Reactions: 2,125
    edited September 2019
    I think they sell lvl 60 gear in el-nath?